+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Repost: Urgent help required. How to show multiple wire transfers in a gift deed.

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I see that the gift deed requires me to mention the cheque number on it.
My father has wire transferred me the money. This money that he transferred are from multiple accounts under his name. So he paid this transferred this money in 4 transactions.

Questions:
1. What do I mention on the gift deed if I don't have a cheque and received the money via RTGS?

2. Since these are multiple transactions, do I mention all the transaction numbers for these transfers?

Any help is appreciated.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I see that the gift deed requires me to mention the cheque number on it.
My father has wire transferred me the money. This money that he transferred are from multiple accounts under his name. So he paid this transferred this money in 4 transactions.

Questions:
1. What do I mention on the gift deed if I don't have a cheque and received the money via RTGS?

2. Since these are multiple transactions, do I mention all the transaction numbers for these transfers?

Any help is appreciated.
Just show any proof of transfer alongside the letter, doesn't have to be a cheque.

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Thanks @uppperkut

So if you see closely only 1 transaction does not have my fathers name in the description. This table is taken from my accounts bank statement so the entry looks as if its done by my father as it has his name in it.

For the 1 which does not have his name, I will submit his passbook first page and the transaction page to prove his ownership to the account.

That said, do I still have to provide proof of transfer from my fathers account for the transactions which already have his name?

The other passbooks have some other errors like his last name has a typo etc. and getting that changed is time consuming and i just have 15 more days to submit this.

Thanks in advance.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Thanks @uppperkut

So if you see closely only 1 transaction does not have my fathers name in the description. This table is taken from my accounts bank statement so the entry looks as if its done by my father as it has his name in it.

For the 1 which does not have his name, I will submit his passbook first page and the transaction page to prove his ownership to the account.

That said, do I still have to provide proof of transfer from my fathers account for the transactions which already have his name?

The other passbooks have some other errors like his last name has a typo etc. and getting that changed is time consuming and i just have 15 more days to submit this.

Thanks in advance.
The reason why I suggested getting proof from the source (i.e. your father's bank accounts) is because it's how things would've been presented had you received the money in the form of a cheque. The cheque shows his info (bank name, account, signature, etc.) and your statement shows you cashed that particular money he sent.

Just try to get whatever you can from your father's banks, even if they're screenshots from his online banking and have him sign them. That alongside the affidavit should hopefully be ok.