+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reporting Misrepresentation

Singer 3219

Apr 16, 2019
Good Afternoon,

I'm just wondering how can someone report misrepresentation to IRCC? If a file is submitted via an online account from outside Canada, I'm assuming the file will be processed at the visa post responsible for the country from where the applicant is applying. Can the misrepresentation be reported to the visa post processing the application or can someone simply call IRCC and provide details regarding misrepresentation? Would someone need to mail a letter or evidence to the visa office mailing address providing details of misrepresentation?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding how IRCC would handle the file in process when they are notified of misrepresentation.

Thanks,

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Online visa applications can be processed at any visa office that has capacity to process them. Not always the logical office based on application country.

I suppose if you know the name and other information of the applicant, you could try to forward a report of misrepresentation. But you're going to have to prove you know enough to have valid information for IRCC to take you seriously.

Is this for your husband's brother?

Singer 3219

Apr 16, 2019
Online visa applications can be processed at any visa office that has capacity to process them. Not always the logical office based on application country.

I suppose if you know the name and other information of the applicant, you could try to forward a report of misrepresentation. But you're going to have to prove you know enough to have valid information for IRCC to take you seriously.

No, it’s not for my husband’s brother. We haven’t submitted his application. We are just delaying it a little bit. Since, we will be preparing that application ourselves, we won’t face any issues of misrepresentation.

Someone asked me about the reporting process so I thought of getting advice in this forum.

Thanks for your reply.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019

Sir, I’m really sorry
I saw you online.. I’m going through a tough situation here. Wanted to get your advice.
I want to discuss my situation with you guys.
So I was on a student permit when I married my wife. But I went for the college for only one month & after that I was working from the time till I submitted the application in september 20. As I didn’t study which resulted of me being out of status, I had to put a temporary resident permit along with the spousal sponsorship application. Now, they’re asking for the schedule A Imm 5669 in which I mentioned that I have been studying up until now. I am gonna paste the direct info in the letter that was sent to me 2-3 days ago.

Schedule A: A separate, updated and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please ensure that the form has been completed with details of your personal and address history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is more recent, and does not contain any time gaps. Be sure to provide details in regards to your activities and addresses in Canada from the time of entry up to the present day. Missing information for the following time period 2014/01 to the present.

But as I am going to submit it, I noticed that from my 18th birthday, I missed 8 months of address and activity history which I can put when I was in India. I am going to definitely add that. Also, I will change the detail on it that I only studied for one month, instead of up until now. Also, I worked from the time I married which is a year back up until now. My question is- 1) is this gonna impact my application in any way?
I have researched that being “out of status” inadmissibility is waived as per spousal public policy. I have also talked with a lawyer, as per him, he said to put the true facts inside the form and submit it. Guys, I really want you to guide me on this.
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir, I’m really sorry
I saw you online.. I’m going through a tough situation here. Wanted to get your advice.
So I was on a student permit when I married my wife. But I went for the college for only one month & after that I was working from the time till I submitted the application in september 20. As I didn’t study which resulted of me being out of status, I had to put a temporary resident permit along with the spousal sponsorship application. Now, they’re asking for the schedule A Imm 5669 in which I mentioned that I have been studying up until now. I am gonna paste the direct info in the letter that was sent to me 2-3 days ago.

Schedule A: A separate, updated and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please ensure that the form has been completed with details of your personal and address history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is more recent, and does not contain any time gaps. Be sure to provide details in regards to your activities and addresses in Canada from the time of entry up to the present day. Missing information for the following time period 2014/01 to the present.

But as I am going to submit it, I noticed that from my 18th birthday, I missed 8 months of address and activity history which I can put when I was in India. I am going to definitely add that. Also, I will change the detail on it that I only studied for one month, instead of up until now. Also, I worked from the time I married which is a year back up until now. My question is- 1) is this gonna impact my application in any way?
I have researched that being “out of status” inadmissibility is waived as per spousal public policy. I have also talked with a lawyer, as per him, he said to put the true facts inside the form and submit it. Guys, I really want you to guide me on this.
thank you
You have to stop working illegally and be very honest about not being a student and working illegally. You will not qualify for a work permit with spousal sponsorship pilot program since you are out of status. Your wife will need to support your family. Your relationship will face more scrutiny because of your lack of status and working illegally.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Sir, I’m really sorry

thank you
So you've already submitted one Schedule A where you said you had been a student and now you want to tell the truth? IRCC has generally been forgiving of earlier misrepresentation admitted in a spousal application but I don't know how they will treat misrepresentation committed in a spousal application.

You can't lie, your college will have reported that you are not a student.