+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reporting birth of child while sponsoring parents

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Hello,

We have been blessed with a child and our application to sponsor my parents is currently being processed at the London office (2019 intake). I have received positive Decision made on my sponsorship application and the application was transferred to London office last month.

My questions are:
  • how do I report this? On web form there is a section for applicant and enquirer. Which info goes where?
  • Do I report this to Mississauga office which processed my sponsorship application or the London visa office which is currently processing my parents PR application.
  • Also, do I need to attach birth certificate or any other supporting documentation?
Thanks a lot, really appreciate the help

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Congratulations! This is what I was advised-

In order for you to add your child born in Canada to your application, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Your name,
  • Your client ID number/UCI,
  • Your file number,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • A copy of the birth certificate.
Once we receive the above information, we will gladly forward it to the responsible office.

Reactions: forsaken11

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Thanks.

We don't have the birth certificate yet, but I feel it's better to not wait weeks for the birth certificate to arrive and instead report now.

Challenge is that web form asks to specify office (should I choose London or Mississauga?). Also, whose info do I include in the web form and under which section?

Would appreciate any advise.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Thanks.

We don't have the birth certificate yet, but I feel it's better to not wait weeks for the birth certificate to arrive and instead report now.

Challenge is that web form asks to specify office (should I choose London or Mississauga?). Also, whose info do I include in the web form and under which section?

Would appreciate any advise.
I reported the birth of our child using just the letter the hospital gave which has the Phn (care card number) and this is the reply I got! I am a representative for my parents so I submitted the form. Apparently they want a birth certificate and that takes 4-6weeks.
You can always send the web form I never chose a specific office. You can also call them and speak with an agent to get more information.
Hopefully this goes smoothly for you.

Reactions: forsaken11