+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reported at the border for failing to meet the RO

rvilla

Mar 24, 2014
I'm in the same situation you are, I got reported and filed an appeal, my intention was to settle in Canada, I'm already working and trying to settle as much as I can so it helps my case in the appeal process.

Since I just filed the appeal, my lawyer says it can take more than six months to hear from IAD, it could be less or more.

Even my lawyer doesn't seem to find many reasons for me to win the appeal unless I demonstrate I am settled down in Canada, he even suggested me to get married, and things like that. If you have a good case a good lawyer could help, if not you might end paying a lot of money and the same result as if you were representing yourself.

In any case I don't win my appeal, I have thought other ways to stay through my job, so you might start there, maybe the company you work with can help. Besides that I have also joined organizations in my field and trying to study something in University of Toronto so I can say in the appeal that I am committed to staying here for the long run, it may help or not, but in the end is a good experience and it will benefit me regardless of the appeal result.

I advise you not to leave Canada, I wanted to ask for a PR card while I'm in the appeal process, but I'm not sure if it can be done, I wanted to go to the US for 3 days, but even that I think can affect me.

Best regards

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KSA99 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have decided to appeal, can I apply my appeal through an immigration consultant who is an ICCRC member with good standing or lawyer would be better? I personally feel that since it is an immigration related matter it should be handled by consultant.

I appreciated for all your response and help so far.

Please reply.

Regards.
You need an Immigration LAWYER. It's very clear that you are going to require assistance.

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Hope everybody is fine and doing well.

Regarding my lost PR status' issue as I was crossed check and reported at airport for not meeting RO, I filled the appeal within allowed 30 days and my appeal is in progress and waiting for IAD decision. At the same time I submitted PR renewal application which has been accepted. A few days before I received a letter from CIC mentioning that my PR has been renewed (for one year) and which I have to pick from CIC office.

Presently I am outside Canada but I am planning to move there on permanent basis and stay inside Canada for some time (1-2 or more years).

My question is, can I stay in Canada for more than One year or let's say after expiry of my renewed PR card and can buy home and work there? What will be my status after expiry of my renewed PR card? In case, if IAD decision goes against me then do I have to leave Canada?

Please reply me soon.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR cards with the validity of 1 year are generally issued for those who have an appeal being processed. When it expires, if your appeal is still being processed, you can renew it for another year. If you lose your appeal, you will be asked to leave Canada.

As per replies to your first posts, it is detrimental to your appeal if you continue to live outside Canada. Immigration will see this as you not being serious about settling in Canada at this point.

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi,

My question is, can I settle in Canada based on One year PR card? Can I buy house and allow to work legally there? I am serious to move in Canada with my family now. I am afraid of final decision of IAD.

Please reply.

Regards,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KSA99 said:
Hi,

My question is, can I settle in Canada based on One year PR card? Can I buy house and allow to work legally there? I am serious to move in Canada with my family now. I am afraid of final decision of IAD.

Please reply.

Regards,
Yes, you can go to Canada and work. However, as Leon said, this is just a temporary PR card for use while your appeal is in progress. If you lose the appeal, you will lose the PR Card and Status.

jssandhu

Oct 22, 2014
Hi KSA 99,
tell me at which airport you landed when reported to you by CBSA and when..You goes to immigration officer after arrival or Kiosk used by you on arrival.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
KSA99 said:
Hi,

Please reply.

Regards,
If you are serious about keeping your PR status then you should return to Canada as soon as possible and remain there until the appeal is heard and a decision is made. It's an extremely bad idea to leave Canada and be outside of Canada for extended periods of time after filing an appeal. All this does is further prove you don't have very much of a commitment to Canada. Yes - you can certainly legally work here and buy a house while waiting. However if the appeal does not turn out in your favour and your PR status is revoked, you will obviously have to leave.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KSA99 said:
Hi,

Please reply.

Regards,
As others have said, you may legally work in Canada with a one year PR card and you may rent or buy a house, own a car etc. However, depending on your grounds for appealing, there is a chance you may lose the appeal and lose your PR and be asked to leave.

If you have a weak appeal, you might want to decide now that you will stay in your home country and not move to Canada and accept the loss of your PR. However, if you think you have a good appeal and/or you want to keep your PR at all costs, you should return as soon as possible in order to settle if you want your appeal to have a chance.

Ideally, you should not have left Canada again after filing the appeal and I believe you were warned against this in prior replies. If you look at your case from CIC point of view, they have someone who did not meet the RO, tries to enter shortly before PR card expiry and gets caught. Files an appeal and then leaves again. How are they supposed to think you are serious about keeping your PR and settling in Canada?

new101

Aug 15, 2014
Hi,

It's been almost two years since I submitted my appeal in IAD, in a response to which I have heard nothing yet. I am outside Canada and is highly interested in returning and settling there. As I have not heard of any updates from IAD, I request for your urgent guidance whether to apply for a Travel Document or not and to know if I would be considered eligible for it. A prompt response would be highly appreciated as I am seeking to move to Canada at its earliest.

Thanks and Regards.