+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reply from New York office regarding CEC application inquiry

yduck

Aug 31, 2009
Hi, guys

I submitted my CEC application to Buffulo office in March 2010, and my file was transfered to New York office in August 2010. In December, I sent an e-mail to New York office asking about my application status and received the following reply:

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

An initial assessment of your application has been completed and your selection interview has been waived.

However, you may still be required to attend an interview for the purpose of ensuring that you and your dependants (if applicable) are admissible to Canada.

Final approval of your application will require that you meet statutory requirements such as the medical and security provisions of the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations .

No further action is required by you at this time. If your application is being processed within our published service standards, status requests will not be responded to by this office.

If there is any change in your address or family composition, inform us as soon as possible (see our fax number and mailing address below).

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

I am a bit confused by their reply. Does it mean that my application has been approved and I am expecting medical request? It said the interview is waived, but later mentioned that "you may still be required to attend an interview". What does that mean? Could please anyone help me to interpret this e-mail? I really appreciate it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The initial assessment is just a pass/fail assessment - did you meet the eligiblity criteria for CEC? Apparently, YES, but before your application is approved, CIC does the background and security checks. The amount of time this takes varies with each applicant - we all have different backgrounds and histories; for example, some of us have lived in several countries, some just one...

Published processing time is 10 months, and your application is still less than 10 months, so they will not respond to a status request.

yduck

Aug 31, 2009
jes_ON said:
The initial assessment is just a pass/fail assessment - did you meet the eligiblity criteria for CEC? Apparently, YES, but before your application is approved, CIC does the background and security checks. The amount of time this takes varies with each applicant - we all have different backgrounds and histories; for example, some of us have lived in several countries, some just one...

Published processing time is 10 months, and your application is still less than 10 months, so they will not respond to a status request.
Thank you very much for the reply. Does the 10 months processing time start from the date when the application files are sent to CIC or just the time for background and security checkes? I appreciate your help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
yduck said:
Thank you very much for the reply. Does the 10 months processing time start from the date when the application files are sent to CIC or just the time for background and security checkes? I appreciate your help.
Neither. It is from the date that a complete application is received at CIC. This date should be mentioned in your AOR , something like "we received your application on DATE..."

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
jes_ON said:
Neither. It is from the date that a complete application is received at CIC. This date should be mentioned in your AOR , something like "we received your application on DATE..."
Buddy I got exact same message.But I applied under FSW3

dream23

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2009
AOR Received.
1st: 19-12-2009(email), 2nd: 17-03-2010(email)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
July 14,2010 to NYC
Med's Done....
Sep 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2011
LANDED..........
June 30, 2012
I sent them (NYVO) email 2 weeks ago and they didn't respond at all. :(
the transfer to NYC was in July..
As for "official " processing time of 10 months, it looks that it just gradually increases in parallel with our waiting time.. :-X
before i guess it was 6 or 8 months..