+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reply from Inland Application

pred8er

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hi Folks,

I am sure this has been answered before so i apologize in advance, I sumbmitted my inland spousal permanent residency application last week, and they recieved it last friday - i know that because of the tracking number from canada post.

Do they send any type of acknowledgement saying they have recieved it and/or send a ecas application tracking number by any chance?

thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will send you a file number after they begin processing it. Then you can begin tracking it on ECAS. I think for inland it takes about 6 months for processing to begin. I have read the stats on that in awhile. But you still have some time to wait before you will see anything on ECAS.

You can also use the sponsor's information (name, date of birth, etc.) as well as the receipt number for the fee payment to look on ECAS.

pred8er

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
then for inland it takes 6months or so to begin processing then another 8-9 months for the application to get appoval/denied?

thank you

madzibaba

May 20, 2009
When an inland application is being processed and they open it in Alberta and agree that there is overwhelming evidence that the relationship is bona fide , the additional 8-9 months is that because of the delay on the side of the client ( getting police clearences and health checks ) or is that a delay caused by the CIC and their own processes. The reason I ask is to clarify if that 8-9 months can be shortened.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Often there is a delay because the applicant didn't submit everything they should. But often it's just that they have too many applications to process and can't get it done sooner. There's also the background checks, which take as long as they take and there's nothing anyone can do about it. All you can do is prepare as good of an application as you can and hope for the best. Or, if you can, apply outland. Often that's so much faster, depending on the visa office.

soldier123

May 6, 2009
pred8er said:
Hi Folks,

I am sure this has been answered before so i apologize in advance, I sumbmitted my inland spousal permanent residency application last week, and they recieved it last friday - i know that because of the tracking number from canada post.

Do they send any type of acknowledgement saying they have recieved it and/or send a ecas application tracking number by any chance?

thanks!
No, Vegreville don't send ACK letters. 3-4 weeks after they receiving your file, call them to get you client ID number.

pred8er said:
then for inland it takes 6months or so to begin processing then another 8-9 months for the application to get appoval/denied?

thank you
Currently, 6 months. Sometimes goes to 6-7.. 7-8 you have to watch it.
Not exactly, each case is different. I've seen people getting done a month
after the AIP, others might take long.. most of time is only about
security check and redo medical examination - if expires during the processing time.

Good Luck