+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reply after DNA tests

ashershams

Oct 28, 2011
We have done with our DNA tests through Genetrack Laboratory on 21st of February, they said it'll take 4 weeks to get the results to Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. We contacted the lab and they said they've sent out the results to embassy on 21st of April. How much time does it take for embassy to reply after getting the results ? We are done with our Medical also. Each and everything is completed in our case. They just asked us that we have to prove the relationship between applicant and sponsor so therefore we have to carry out DNA and which we did and it is proved, so any idea what will be the next step ? Landing fees and passports or anything else ??

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Why would they request a DNA test? I've heard that the VO in Hong Kong likes to request this as well. I would be very insulted if they requested this and I would definitely seek to understand the reasoning (in writing) before doing it. Did they pay for it?

FS

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
CIC doesn't pay for DNA tests, and they're expensive.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
But why? They don't believe the birth certificate? I'll be extremely pissed off they make me waste my money on a DNA test.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Did you provide pictures of your wife in the hospital? Delivery or pre-delivery room photos?

Sorry that you had to go through that...shameful on the part of CIC...especially if you provided solid proof that the child is yours...blinking awful!

FS

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
DNA tests are sometimes requested where CIC doubts the parentage of a child, yes. In the cases I've read, this is because the parents were apart for a very long time and CIC couldn't quite make the timeline given regarding the child's birth fit with their information, perhaps from background checks or so on. Other times, if dependent children are being sponsored along with parents by another child, they make sure that the parents aren't trying to sneak a niece or nephew in under the radar, so they ask for DNA tests. I saw that once in a case, the parents were sponsored along with a daughter, who turned out to be a niece.

And, no, CIC does not pay for it. Remember, at all times the burden of proof rests with the applicants. At no time does it shift to CIC, not even during an appeal. It isn't for them to prove they were right to reject an application, it's for the applicants to prove CIC was wrong.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Well, I included pictures of my wife in the pre-delivery room, photos of us in the hospital room, and loads of photos afterwards when we got back home...up to present, or at the time of sending our application. If they request a DNA test, I'm going to take it personally, even though I know it's nothing personal...and it will really hurt me...to doubt that my son is...my son...quite harsh in reality...

On a similar note, we applied for our son's passport after receiving his proof of citizenship. We didn't know a guarantor, so we had to put down two references. They called our reference today. Both references live at the same address. They were not home...so the person from the consulate spoke to our friend's mom. Asked some basic questions, no problem. What is weird is that on the form we submitted (statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor), there's a spot to put down cell numbers...the person from the consulate said they never call cell numbers, only home numbers...and only during business hours...which made me laugh out loud...if my references work (which they do), how in the hell are they going to contact them if they don't call the cell number?? Funny!!

FS

arul2012

Nov 13, 2012
How long does it take for my husband to get to Canada from India - New Delhi before they provide the PR after the DNA tests to prove our first baby was born to us? We have submitted all the documents and I am expecting another baby soon. Can someone answer please?

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
I was asked the same thing to do a DNA test which I did but i am still waiting for them to send me the forms and time when my kids should have their test but still no reply yet .Am so confused now.please can someone advice how long it will take to get those forms from them

Kan786

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
We have done with our DNA tests through Genetrack Laboratory on 21st of February, they said it'll take 4 weeks to get the results to Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. We contacted the lab and they said they've sent out the results to embassy on 21st of April. How much time does it take for embassy to reply after getting the results ? We are done with our Medical also. Each and everything is completed in our case. They just asked us that we have to prove the relationship between applicant and sponsor so therefore we have to carry out DNA and which we did and it is proved, so any idea what will be the next step ? Landing fees and passports or anything else ??
Hi there,
I am going through the pretty much similar situation. Kindly help me out here !! It’s nerve wracking at this point . I have not seen my children in last 8 years due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have applied for their PR . Every thing has been sent and finally I got the DNA test . The result came out 99.99% and were sent to cic a month ago . Please help me if you guys have any idea how long they are going to take further for making their decision . Thank you !!

Sizusingtan

Jan 18, 2024
Hi there,
I am going through the pretty much similar situation. Kindly help me out here !! It’s nerve wracking at this point . I have not seen my children in last 8 years due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have applied for their PR . Every thing has been sent and finally I got the DNA test . The result came out 99.99% and were sent to cic a month ago . Please help me if you guys have any idea how long they are going to take further for making their decision . Thank you !!
To tell me how much time it took too please