+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Replacement Overdue Glitch?

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
Hi All,

As part of adding my spouse to my EE application, IRCC requested four additional documents on September 26, 2018. Per their letter and the application page, these documents were required by October 3, 2018.

Here's where it gets strange: I'm about to upload my documents at 8.30 Pacific time (11.30 Eastern) on October 3, 2018 and notice that the left-most column in the document table now says "Replacement Overdue" instead of the "Replacement Needed" message I saw before. The Upload File buttons still worked and I was able to successfully upload and submit all the documents by 8.40 PM Pacific (11.40 Eastern). The left-most column now reads "Replacement Provided" in green for these four items and my status for documents changed from "Provide additional documents..." to "Not Applicable". Overall status is "Submitted".

Has anyone ever encountered this before? Where the document table states "Replacement Overdue" even before the deadline has passed? Was there some arbitrary time earlier on the deadline day that triggered it, or did an officer set it to that before the end of the business day? Or was it simply a glitch and nothing to worry about? I have never encountered this before, even though I've submitted documents even closer to midnight on deadline day.

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Hey, Any idea what happened because I am facing same issue.

Thanks

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
Hey, Any idea what happened because I am facing same issue.

Thanks
I called CIC (finally got through to them) and asked if they received the docs on time. They said yes, they received them the on the day I submitted and that the officer should have seen them. They were submitted on the deadline day. Things proceeded without any issue. Got an update on my application about 3-4 weeks after submitting the docs, asking for the medical exam.

I don't know the details about your issue, but if it's exactly the same I faced ("overdue" but still within deadline and still able to submit), then I would say you should be ok as long as you submitted on time. I hope that helps. You can also try calling CIC (you may need to try multiple times to get in the queue) just to put your mind at ease a bit more.

Reactions: anju355

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
I called CIC (finally got through to them) and asked if they received the docs on time. They said yes, they received them the on the day I submitted and that the officer should have seen them. They were submitted on the deadline day. Things proceeded without any issue. Got an update on my application about 3-4 weeks after submitting the docs, asking for the medical exam.

I don't know the details about your issue, but if it's exactly the same I faced ("overdue" but still within deadline and still able to submit), then I would say you should be ok as long as you submitted on time. I hope that helps. You can also try calling CIC (you may need to try multiple times to get in the queue) just to put your mind at ease a bit more.
Actually in my case in my application when I logged in today, I saw a message of "Your Action Required". To investigate it when I clicked on "View Submitted Application". A new placeholder of "Kit, Application forms" is displaying with an overdue status (9th September 2018). Though between 9th September till 20th November I logged in multiple times and didn't see anything required from my side. Now I am seeing this. Now placeholder is displaying but there are no instructions or requirement that what kind of document CIC required from me. Even on the page of "Application status and messages" there is no requirement against "Review of additional documents", like its still displaying as "We do not need additional documents."

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
Actually in my case in my application when I logged in today, I saw a message of "Your Action Required". To investigate it when I clicked on "View Submitted Application". A new placeholder of "Kit, Application forms" is displaying with an overdue status (9th September 2018). Though between 9th September till 20th November I logged in multiple times and didn't see anything required from my side. Now I am seeing this. Now placeholder is displaying but there are no instructions or requirement that what kind of document CIC required from me. Even on the page of "Application status and messages" there is no requirement against "Review of additional documents", like its still displaying as "We do not need additional documents."
That's very strange. Different from what happened to me. In this case, I think you should try calling IRCC and check what's going on.

Reactions: anju355

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
That's very strange. Different from what happened to me. In this case, I think you should try calling IRCC and check what's going on.
Thanks, Yep trying to calling them :)

drrhe

Oct 30, 2018

Hi. Can I ask what number did you contact CIC at? I cannot find it online.

mira187

Jun 25, 2019
Hello,

My husband got a approval for his work permit but after that ircc send back the passport to renew because it was damaged. we send them back in one week but we didn't know we have to upload the passport in cic account now the status showing that replacement overdue. what can we do after this please help me if anyone know about this.

Thank you

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
Hello,

My husband got a approval for his work permit but after that ircc send back the passport to renew because it was damaged. we send them back in one week but we didn't know we have to upload the passport in cic account now the status showing that replacement overdue. what can we do after this please help me if anyone know about this.

Thank you
Upload the file immediately and contact IRCC via phone to explain the situation. That would be my suggestion. If you cannot get through to them via phone, then try their online contact form. That's all I know. All the best.

mira187

Jun 25, 2019
They don’t give any answer on call and there is no option to upload file from the first day when his passport came back. And now i also sent them a web form with my situation.