+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Replacement needed (Police Certificate)

marika95

Mar 5, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm submiting my application for the IEC (Internation Experience Canada) and i received an invitation and i started the proccess. In my explanation letter I explained from what country i was appliying (Italy) even living in a different country (England) what took me to a longer proccess why now, they asking me for a second Police Certificate from Italy. The point is because I have the same screen as before asking me for:

1. Document Name
2. Document Number
3. Country of Issue
4. Issue Date DD/MM/YYYY
5. Expiry Date DD/MM/YYYY

At the first time the Document Name was a simple Police Certidicate but now i have more than one option and only chance to upload one document:

> Police Certificate: From Italy - Certificato generale del casellario giudiziale (secondo l’articolo 24 del testo unico).For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply. For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

From Italy - Cerficato dei carichi pendenti rilasciati dalla Procura della Repubblica presso il Tribunale di residenza. For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply. For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

In black the title of two of the possible "Document Name" I have to provide but i'm not sure if it should be literally the same or it should be translate to english or it'll be correct just to put Police Certificate.

Thanks.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
How many police certs did you submit? You need one from Italy and one from England. You have to scan and save both police certs into a single document before you upload. Also for the document name when you upload, it can be any language or it can say whatever you want. That part doesn't matter but the documents itself must be in either English or French or they will be unacceptable. If your police certs are not in either language then you need to get them translated by someone certified to do so.

boshovenra

May 23, 2018
Hi there,
I also have a related question to do with a resubmitting a document (specifically a police certificate from the Netherlands).

I have already sent in my IEC working holiday application and since I did not yet have my police certificate at the time, I uploaded proof that I requested one along with a letter of explanation.

They have requested that I submit the police certificate once I receive it. I now have it and am trying to upload it. The only thing is do not know how to fill out all of the following information:

Document Name: Police Certificate
Document Number: ???
Country/ territory of issue: The Netherlands
Issue Date: 16 May 2018
Expiry Date: ???

1. I have no idea where to find the document number. Is this a number given by CIC to identify it as a police certificate? Should my police certificate have the document number?

2. My police certificate does not state an expiry date. Should I just add 5 years to my issue date and call it an expiry date?

AiaiMangasi

Jun 10, 2018
Firstly, I have similar issue as boshovenra particularly the Expiry date field. I have a Police Certificate from Cayman Islands since I stayed there from 2009-2012 but it does not indicate any expiry date.

Secondly, I am being requested to submit replacement certificate for two countries for myself and spouse. After clicking View Submitted Application, there are two upload button under my section which I am assuming is for the two countries but the upload button is not available under my spouse supporting document section.

Need help on how to proceed since I only got seven days to provide the replacements. Thank you.

boshovenra

May 23, 2018
Hi AiaiMangasi,

I can tell you what I did about the expiry date field for the police certificate. In the end I simply just listed the date 5 years after the date my police certificate was issued.

e.g. If i received my certificate Sept 11 2018, I would put the expiry date as Sept 11 2023.

I do not know if this is what I should have done, however in the end I received my open work permit for the International Experience Canada Working Holiday program. I do not know which visa/permit you are applying for, but please keep in mind that they may be more strict about the information you provide.

This is all the information I can give you. Hope it helps in some way.

Dulceamor1121

Sep 15, 2021
Hi there,
I also have a related question to do with a resubmitting a document (specifically a police certificate from the Netherlands).

I have already sent in my IEC working holiday application and since I did not yet have my police certificate at the time, I uploaded proof that I requested one along with a letter of explanation.

They have requested that I submit the police certificate once I receive it. I now have it and am trying to upload it. The only thing is do not know how to fill out all of the following information:

Document Name: Police Certificate
Document Number: ???
Country/ territory of issue: The Netherlands
Issue Date: 16 May 2018
Expiry Date: ???

1. I have no idea where to find the document number. Is this a number given by CIC to identify it as a police certificate? Should my police certificate have the document number?

2. My police certificate does not state an expiry date. Should I just add 5 years to my issue date and call it an expiry date?
hi i have the same problem right now i can’t proceed because it says document number is wrong