+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Repercussions of cancelling Spousal Sponsorship

Lisa Morrison

Dec 1, 2018
Hello,

I am hoping someone can provide me with some information on cancelling my spousal sponsorship application. Recently, my husband and I have come to realize that our marriage isn't going to work out. Therefore, I'll be filing for divorce soon, and also cancelling the spousal sponsorship application. I just want to check on the repercussions of that, though. For example, if I cancel the spousal sponsorship application, what 'side effects' are there? In the future, would this affect any potential application I may want to make? And, in the event that by some twist of fate we get back together later, can I still sponsor him again? Or would CIC not allow that?

Just curious.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am hoping someone can provide me with some information on cancelling my spousal sponsorship application. Recently, my husband and I have come to realize that our marriage isn't going to work out. Therefore, I'll be filing for divorce soon, and also cancelling the spousal sponsorship application. I just want to check on the repercussions of that, though. For example, if I cancel the spousal sponsorship application, what 'side effects' are there? In the future, would this affect any potential application I may want to make? And, in the event that by some twist of fate we get back together later, can I still sponsor him again? Or would CIC not allow that?

Just curious.

Thank you
No real effect.