+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Repeat Biometric Instruction

tasnim789

Jul 24, 2019
I gave my biometric information twice but both of them were marked as "poor quality". IRCC informed me to give the biometric for the third time.
I am really worried since my hands sweat a lot and it causes a problem in taking my fingerprints. How many time do I need to give the biometric if the same things happen again?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I gave my biometric information twice but both of them were marked as "poor quality". IRCC informed me to give the biometric for the third time.
I am really worried since my hands sweat a lot and it causes a problem in taking my fingerprints. How many time do I need to give the biometric if the same things happen again?
Just take a cloth/handkerchief and wipe your hands before taking the fingerprint, I sweat as well due to heat, and I had worries that it would not be clear as I had a wart removed and the grooves had not formed. I ended up wiping the fingers in between the scans on my jeans, but a cloth will be better. Inspect the scanner to see if there are any dirt/dust particles before scanning, if there is anything you should ask the VAC agent to clear it as it will affect the quality. You will have to keep on giving the fingerprints until they are satisfied with the quality.

tasnim789

Jul 24, 2019
Just take a cloth/handkerchief and wipe your hands before taking the fingerprint, I sweat as well due to heat, and I had worries that it would not be clear as I had a wart removed and the grooves had not formed. I ended up wiping the fingers in between the scans on my jeans, but a cloth will be better. Inspect the scanner to see if there are any dirt/dust particles before scanning, if there is anything you should ask the VAC agent to clear it as it will affect the quality. You will have to keep on giving the fingerprints until they are satisfied with the quality.
Last time they took my fingerprint on the fourth attempt. Still I got repeat biometric instruction letter.
Do they take IRIS scan if I have a problem in fingerprint(Since last two attempts were unsucessful).

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Last time they took my fingerprint on the fourth attempt. Still I got repeat biometric instruction letter.
Do they take IRIS scan if I have a problem in fingerprint(Since last two attempts were unsucessful).
I don't think Canada takes IRIS scans.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I am applying from consultant so everything goes to their portal
Sorry, I though you were the OP. Any request by IRCC will be made on the portal. You should contact your consultant and see if you have received any notifications.

tasnim789

Jul 24, 2019
how you get reply from embassy through your email id or at portal ???
Both email and portal

Sep 28, 2019
Yeah...I got my VISA.
I submitted my biometrics on 25th of September but on 26th they said me again give biometrics because of poor quality. I again submitted biometrics on 27th after that on my GCKey they have just updated the biometrics ID and enrollment date but in biometrics status the status is still "We need your fingerprints". What should I expect whether they accepted it or not?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

How many times did you attempt for fingerprints capture? and was any one of them successful?
I am in same boat , I gave the biometrics 3 time and still facing same issue. Waiting to hear back from IRCC . Can you please update on your case so that I will get an idea about what will happen next with regards to my application.

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I am in same boat , I gave the biometrics 3 time and still facing same issue. Waiting to hear back from IRCC . Can you please update on your case so that I will get an idea about what will happen next with regards to my application.
Did you get a reply? I just took my fingerprints for the 2nd time and same issue so Im expecting having to do it again :( this is ridiculous, im pretty sure it was their machine and not my fingers at this point, they are not dry or anything..

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi, sorry for late reply. I got approval for my application last Dec without a request of giving biometrics again. Hope you'll get good news for your application soon.

Reactions: Prudhvi111