Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hello,
wondering if anyone has had experience renting a car in canada, driving it for 4 days or so in the US and then returning it back to canada? I am a canadian PR/US citizen planning a trip back to the US this summer and don't trust my 10 year old car would hold up after the trip.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
not by much, and logistically speaking, it makes more sense to rent here, then drive it to the us, and return it back here. otherwise i have to go out of my way to rent a car at the border then drive to my destination to the states. the closest us rental is not in the same direction of where i'm going. i need to limit the mileage put on my own car.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
not by much, and logistically speaking, it makes more sense to rent here, then drive it to the us, and return it back here. otherwise i have to go out of my way to rent a car at the border then drive to my destination to the states. the closest us rental is not in the same direction of where i'm going. i need to limit the mileage put on my own car.
most of the big rental companies, Avis,Budget,Hertz allow cross border rentals as long as you tell them when you collect the car.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rental in US is defiantly cheaper, but if you want to travel form ON to US make sure you get unlimited mileage and even though its online limited to boarder and within the province of ON.

My experience go with Hertz they are little expensive but you could cut a deal for unlimited mileage, they might have to charge you little extra since it’s going to US. Call different care rental office and ask them, try enterprise as well.