+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rental house for a newcomer in Jan 2023 [Winter]

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Properties are also listed in BHK in Canada. Look at the post before me.
The person listing is not following Canadian standards for listing properties. The large majority of properties that are being advertised to Canadians wI’ll be listed by number of bedroomss. If advertising by BHK the advertisement is mostly targeted to non-Canadians whether it be those on temporary permits or maybe recent PR arrivals from certain parts of the world. If you asked most Canadians what BHK meant they would have no idea.

Reactions: YVR123

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The person listing is not following Canadian standards for listing properties. The large majority of properties that are being advertised to Canadians wI’ll be listed by number of bedroomss. If advertising by BHK the advertisement is mostly targeted to non-Canadians whether it be those on temporary permits or maybe recent PR arrivals from certain parts of the world. If you asked most Canadians what BHK meant they would have no idea.
But they can make a guess. Just like if they are traveling to certain parts of the world. 1 BHK, 2 BHK would work if only 1 kitchen is provided.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Okay. I'll be fine with 2BHK also. Will this be still challenging in GTA? I don't understand why is it hard if I have enough money to pay rentals.

Rent isn't the top concern here. Trust is. Here there are strict laws that favor tenants mostly.

With the experience I got renting my home to a new comer, I would be twice concerned to do it again. It is legally possible for a tenant to not pay rent for several months, ruin the property and move on to the next landlord without a trace or record. If you were well established in Canada, may be the landlord can try to recover his loses just in case.