+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rental agreement

Blessedgirl0808

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
We are trying to get proof of address documents in my spouses name. We want to update lease agreement but a friend said we should consider if our apartment is registered rental property if it isn't we shouldnt use lease agreement, do you think they chck if your apartment is registered rental? Also can mu spousewho is on a visa now in Canada open a bank account...we are in Toronto?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
What kind of apartment are you living in? In Toronto, a building with more than 3 storeys and 10 units has to be registered with the city, but if this applies to your place, I doubt it's not registered. I also don't think IRCC typically is in the business of checking on this sort of stuff.

Anyone in Canada legally can open a bank account here.

Reactions: Blessedgirl0808

Jssi

Jun 8, 2020
Our bank told me that i need SIN number to get bank account, thus only my wife has canadian bank account.

I have legal status as visitor currently as im waiting for pr/owp & visitor extension.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Our bank told me that i need SIN number to get bank account, thus only my wife has canadian bank account.

I have legal status as visitor currently as im waiting for pr/owp & visitor extension.
[/QUOTE

We did one with RBC with no SIN.

burlvisa

Sep 21, 2020
they probably wont check that. if you dont want to update your lease agreement just to prove that you share an address there are other things you can use.

You can also use the following documents to prove your address.
- Internet bill
- Electricity bill
- Credit Card bill