+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renouncing PR

Thinkin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
BACKGROUND: My wife and I have not met the RO to maintain my PR status. I have been residing outside Canada (in US), since we became PR. Now we have a kid too, who was not part of our initial application. We are now considering moving to Canada, and feel a fresh start, i.e. renouncing and reapplying would be the safest way if we get invitation to apply. As per the CRS score tool, if we get a good IELTS score, we should get competitive points to get selected again to apply for PR, and working towards that.
QUESTION: Since both my wife and I are renouncing, can we mail BOTH our applications to renounce our PRs in a single package or should we send them separately, or does not matter?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
BACKGROUND: My wife and I have not met the RO to maintain my PR status. I have been residing outside Canada (in US), since we became PR. Now we have a kid too, who was not part of our initial application. We are now considering moving to Canada, and feel a fresh start, i.e. renouncing and reapplying would be the safest way if we get invitation to apply. As per the CRS score tool, if we get a good IELTS score, we should get competitive points to get selected again to apply for PR, and working towards that.
QUESTION: Since both my wife and I are renouncing, can we mail BOTH our applications to renounce our PRs in a single package or should we send them separately, or does not matter?
Both in one package should be fine.