+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renouncing PR after PR renewal based on Humanitarian rejected

aidbas

Dec 19, 2015
Good Morning,

My PR card expired recently and I am not meeting the PR requirements of staying 2yrs out of 5 in Canada.
I applied for PR renewal based on Humanitarian ground which is rejected and I have 60 days to appeal.
In the rejection letter stated that based on information I provided, I am entitled to a travel document pursuant to paragraph 13 (3)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

I have 60days to appeal and do not want to appeal for the decision.

Now my question:
- I want to go to Canada in couple days. Can I go to the point of entry and tell the Officer that I want to renounce my PR at the border? Or because of these 60days time for appeal I can not renounce my PR at the border?
- I have US Green card so I can get visitor visa at the POE and do not want to get travel document. Does it work this way?

Thanks

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
Good Morning,

My PR card expired recently and I am not meeting the PR requirements of staying 2yrs out of 5 in Canada.
I applied for PR renewal based on Humanitarian ground which is rejected and I have 60 days to appeal.

In the rejection letter stated that based on information I provided, I am entitled to a travel document pursuant to paragraph 13 (3)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
--------------------- to file Appeal they are giving you 60 days and appeal is filed in Canada. to file appeal you will get travel document.
I have 60days to appeal and do not want to appeal for the decision.
--------------------- If you do not want to file the Appeal then dont file.
Now my question:
- I want to go to Canada in couple days. Can I go to the point of entry and tell the Officer that I want to renounce my PR at the border? Or because of these 60days time for appeal I can not renounce my PR at the border?

------- Now they have Voluntary relinquishment or renunciation of permanent resident status Form on CIC site. Fill up the Form (make 2 copies) and give it to Officer at Canada Port of Entry ( They may not take it and may say send it to the address on the Form, they are busy and may not take it)
Here is link :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/retention/index.asp

- I have US Green card so I can get visitor visa at the POE and do not want to get travel document. Does it work this way?
-------------- If you have US Green Card you do not need Visa for Canada. You just need your GC and Passport to enter Canada. Just show the GC and if asked for Passport show that and you will be admitted. AFTER March 2016 You will need VISA for Canada(evisa easy to apply) But US Citizen will not need Canada Visa.

Thanks