+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR

priya24

Aug 20, 2018
We got our PRC in the year 2015 and I got the expiration date till Feb 2021 for me and My family member is having different expiration dates in Sep 2020. I have got a job in Canada and Planning to move next month.

Need your clarification on the below-listed question.

1) If I move to Canada with my family on Sep 2018 and if I renew my family and my PRC during my expire date which is Feb 2021 will I have an issue because my family is getting expire on Sep 2020 in the PRC card, please clarify.

2) I saw on the CIC website, I can for the renewal even after the expiration of the PRC but we need to reside in the Country, Please clarify.

3) Since I got the PRC from Quebec and I am planning to work from Ontario, will that be a problem while applying for extension and citizenship, Please clarify

I really appreciate your team support!!!!!!!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So maybe first clarify the fact your family PR cards expire Sep 2020, when did they and you complete their initial landing ? Have you or your family spent any time in Canada since landing.? Have you met or will be able to meet the 2 years residency obligation in the first 5 years from landing date, not PR card issue date ?

1)sure you can all apply for PR card renewal at same time in fact upto 9 months before expiry so you Could all apply SEp 2020. But you need to ensure you have met the 2 out of 5 residency obligation before you apply and best to exceed the minimum 2 years by a few months.

2)you really only need valid PR cards if you need to travel outside Canada. To renew you must apply from within Canada.

3)no should not be an issue

priya24

Aug 20, 2018
So maybe first clarify the fact your family PR cards expire Sep 2020, when did they and you complete their initial landing ? Have you or your family spent any time in Canada since landing.? Have you met or will be able to meet the 2 years residency obligation in the first 5 years from landing date, not PR card issue date ?

1)sure you can all apply for PR card renewal at same time in fact upto 9 months before expiry so you Could all apply SEp 2020. But you need to ensure you have met the 2 out of 5 residency obligation before you apply and best to exceed the minimum 2 years by a few months.

2)you really only need valid PR cards if you need to travel outside Canada. To renew you must apply from within Canada.

priya24

Aug 20, 2018

Hi I am coming inside Canada on October 1 st 2018. We came in July 2015 and then finsished the process of Canada Pr and came back .

priya24

Aug 20, 2018
Actually my Husband expiry is Feb 2021
My kids is Sep 9 th 2021
My wife is Sep 20 2021

If I am going to apply for renewal I ll not complete 730 days by then ,that is my confusion .Please clarify this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sound like you already don't meet your residency requirement. If you landed in July 2015 and left soon after you had to return in July 2018 to be compliant with your RO. The dates your PR cards mean nothing when it comes to your RO. You likely had picture difficulties. If you don't get reported when coming back to Canada you need to stay in Canada until you have completed your 2 out of 5 year requirement. If you leave you could be reported each time you enter and that could lead to you losing your PR.

priya24

Aug 20, 2018
when i came in 2015 I came in visitor visa .and finished all my PR formalities and they left the country. then i got my PR card and will come in october 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You still have been out of Canada for over 3 years so you are already not compliant with your RO. If you get reported you will have the right to appeal and you could lose your PR. I would suggest your family arrives in Canada as soon as possible. You will have to remain in Canada for 2 years and try to avoid any contact with IRCC like for example sponsoring anyone during that period.

xMadMaxx

Feb 17, 2016
Saudi Arabia
LANDED..........
28-04-2007
Best thing to do is to fly to Canada at the earliest. The sooner the better. And once you are in Canada, stay there until you meet the requirements then apply to renew your PR