+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR from outside of country

Umme Yusuf

Jan 23, 2018
I have several question regarding PR card renewal

1. I had seen a very old post regarding renewal of PR from outside of Canada but from a Canadian resident address.
I WOULD like to know if its still okay to do.

My PR is expiring in August. I would like to renew my PR while I am outside of Canada but through a Canadian address.
I will come to Canada to pick up my PR. Is it okay to do? Please reply asap

2. How can I give proof that my wife a Canadian citizen was with me all along while I was outside Canada?

3. Does it have to be that I was outside of Canada because of my Canadian citizen wife or Can i write that she was with me because my parents were ill an I had to be by there side, and because I was outside Canada , she was also with me?

Please reply as soon as possible
Thank You!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If you state you are residing in Canada and put a Canadian residential address on the PR card renewal form, yet you are actually residing outside Canada, that is misrepresentation/fraud.

If you are residing outside Canada, then you would have to attempt renewing PR card with your actual residential address.

You can only indicate your "mailing" address is one within Canada (could be common if people are using a representative).

Umme Yusuf

Jan 23, 2018
I will be stating that I am outside Canada and will give my residential address that is outside of Canada but I would like to know, will this cause problem in renewing my PR card because I am outside the country?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I will be stating that I am outside Canada and will give my residential address that is outside of Canada but I would like to know, will this cause problem in renewing my PR card because I am outside the country?
It's up to the visa officer processing the application. There was another case on this forum where a PR living in the UK with his spouse, successfully renewed his PR card while still living in the UK. IRCC just told him to come back to Canada to pick it up.

However in general you're supposed to be inside Canada to renew a PR card, so really not sure how your case will go you'll need to apply and see what happens.