+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RENEWING PR CARD

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
Ok, so this is an urgent Application that I had sent in back in April. Now my mom has been a Canadian resident for over 44 years. She has not traveled in over 10 years. Her PR CARD is expired. After recieving her portuguese passport, we took photocopies and I did send ITN of flight and proof of purchase along with application and mailed It. I do see they have received the application on APRIL 27, 2018 and started processing it APRIL 27. 2018( THE SAME DAY) Now, we are going on vacation to Portugal for 17 days leaving June 19. I was told sending the flight itnerary would help in processing but nothing is gauranteed.

Now, if she does not get her card in time, I will also prepare ( before we leave ) a PRTD application with all supporting documents and send it the day we arrive in Lisbon. Only question is, how long would it take for her to recieve the PRTD ??? since we are only phsically in Portugal for 17 days ?? does anybody know ?... I will also note that she did apply to renew her card and that we did not receive it in time. Will they take that into consideration ? Has anyone here been through the same situation ?? please let me know what you guys think... the PRTD is what I am most concerned about. I do know some times people lose their PR CARDS and have to apply for a PRTD which is urgent I believe, in order for them to return to Canada

THANK YOU !!! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that you are waiting for a new PR card will not result in faster processing time for PRTD. Sorry can't answer about average processing time for PRTDs from Portugal. Best of luck.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Pretty surprised that they'd accept an urgent application for just a vacation reason. I'd visit the Portugal embassy first day - I will say that in my experience, you can often get things like this done at embassies overseas much faster than in Canada simply because they don't deal with the volume that a location in Canada does (eg, I once renewed a passport in Costa Rica and had it in 2 days, walking in and having no line at all).

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
thank you ! if she does not recieve the PR CARD in time, when I land in Lisbon, I will go to the embassy. What should I bring ? her VOS ? verification of status ?... I have her landed paper but she was only 14, so it simply says her first name only... ( my grand mothers name is on that paper) the VOS was back in 1993 when she had that done... what should I bring ?