+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR Card

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Dear all, Any idea how long does it take after decision made and PR Renewal approved to receive the card...it has been over a month already and I haven't received it yet?!
One more question: Can they approve a child and disapprove a parent?! My child's PR has been approved while mine is still in process!!

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
egyo said:
Dear all, Any idea how long does it take after decision made and PR Renewal approved to receive the card...it has been over a month already and I haven't received it yet?!
One more question: Can they approve a child and disapprove a parent?! My child's PR has been approved while mine is still in process!!
Any update on your cards? I also renewed my pr card and was received Apr. 15 and approved Jul. 4, 2013. I called CIC today and was told they will mail it on July 31st. Hopefully, will receive it in a week or two after mailing.

jiff

Mar 21, 2009
Hi
I was unable to fulfill my residency obligation but PR card is still valid till March 2014. But I am from a country visa exempted passport. If I enter with that passport with a 30 days stay and I continue to stay as I have the PR card forgetting stamp on my passport for 30 days , what could be the consequence? Any light on this please

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
Yes they can disapprove if parent fails Residence Obligation but child meets it.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@ jeleni Hi Jelani, Today they sent an email that they forwarded my PR card renewal application to my local office for further review...I am not sure how long would it take!! :((

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
egyo said:
@ jeleni Hi Jelani, Today they sent an email that they forwarded my PR card renewal application to my local office for further review...I am not sure how long would it take!! :((
Hi egyo,

Mine just got complete status per ecas as of today but haven't received my card yet. Perhaps, when they say complete, card have just been mailed.

Did you do a lot ot travel for the past 5 yrs? In my case, i travelled once to my home country for 26 days. No border crossing at all. Pretty straight forward.

CanadianMaple

Apr 15, 2013
My wife applied in the beginning of April, her's got processed on May 30th, the note on the site was that the card is sent to local branch and they should be calling. After one month she received in mail, :)

CanadianMaple

Apr 15, 2013
My kid applied in the beginning of April, they asked for copy of birth certificate, we sent out the same promptly. After that system did not show the receipt or status of the application for 6 weeks, later they sent RFI for the copy of last five years passports pages, and entry/exit record from the countries travelled.

jude_dw

Jul 31, 2013
Re: Residency appeal

I have a different story, i landed in canada in 2007 and was in canada for 1500 days. But when my pr card expired i was out of canada, and try to get the travell document, they said that i have not met the PR obligation. I got my in report from canada border agency, and with my passport i can prove that i have stayed more than 1500 days in canada. my kids and wife was in canada all the time and i have my house as well. my hearing is on the 12th of november, what are the documents i should take and any body went through this situ like before ?.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
Just to give you an update, i already received my card today. Although, they used a different postal code wherein i wonder why it changed, i still got the card. I also called cic earlier and told me that it was sent on friday, july 26 and finally received fri, aug.2

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Congrats Jeleni and wish you an oath ceremony soon :) My PR renewal application has been transferred to the local office and I am calling everyday but no updates at all. Due to the nature of my work as a researcher I traveled a lot to the US/Europe for conferences and workshops and this might be the reason for this delay. I am wondering if anyone has passed through the same experience with PR application getting transferred to local office and how long does it take to get the card...also, is it a good idea to fax the local office a letter explaining the need for urgent processing due to family emergency back in home country and provide them with documents that assure that we met the residence requirements?!!

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
egyo said:
Congrats Jeleni and wish you an oath ceremony soon :) My PR renewal application has been transferred to the local office and I am calling everyday but no updates at all. Due to the nature of my work as a researcher I traveled a lot to the US/Europe for conferences and workshops and this might be the reason for this delay. I am wondering if anyone has passed through the same experience with PR application getting transferred to local office and how long does it take to get the card...also, is it a good idea to fax the local office a letter explaining the need for urgent processing due to family emergency back in home country and provide them with documents that assure that we met the residence requirements?!!
Thanks, egyo! Yeah, i'm still hoping for the oath:)

As far as i can recall from reading on their website and posts from our friends here, you can request urgent processing even when you have submitted your application but you have to provide them proof of your flight or itinerary. With regards to follow up at your local office, why not if you have their fax number. Do what you need to do and see what's their response.