+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR card from the USA

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hi,

I'm about to renew my PR card from within the USA. I'm accompanying my spouse who is a Canadian Citizen.

1. Can I take a photo in the USA and put their stamp on the back of the photo, or the photo has to be taken in Canada?
2. Can I fill out my application online or I need to fill out paper version, print and send it by mail from Canada only?

Thank you

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm about to renew my PR card from within the USA. I'm accompanying my spouse who is Canadian Citizen.

1. Can I take a photo in the USA and put their stamp in the back of the photo, or the photo has to be taken in Canada?
2. Can I fill out my application online or I need to fill out paper version, print and send it by mail from Canada only?

Thank you
1. As long as the photo meets the requirements, it can be taken anywhere.

2. https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065&top=10

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.
If you’re outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR card, you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. If you try to return to Canada without a PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
1. As long as the photo meets the requirements, it can be taken anywhere.

2. https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065&top=10

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.
If you’re outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR card, you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. If you try to return to Canada without a PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.
Thanks,