+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing passport after AOR, will this be an issue?

liyals

Oct 3, 2019
Hi guys. Wondering if anyone else has been in the same position. I am about to submit my documents and get my AOR and my passport expires nine months from now. I was thinking of renewing my passport and updating it while the application is being processed. Do you think this will impact the process in any way or create complications? I just thought it would be safer than waiting and possibly getting it right around the time my current passport expires.

Would really appreciate any insight! Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys. Wondering if anyone else has been in the same position. I am about to submit my documents and get my AOR and my passport expires nine months from now. I was thinking of renewing my passport and updating it while the application is being processed. Do you think this will impact the process in any way or create complications? I just thought it would be safer than waiting and possibly getting it right around the time my current passport expires.

It's fine, no impact. Send a Webform with a copy of your new passport.

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015

Hi Liyals, what was your experience on this please