+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing an IEC working holiday visa - Australian

montage85

Feb 21, 2015
Hey guys,

I've been searching for this information but can't get a clear answer anywhere. Basically my partner and I (both Australian citizens) arrived on WHVs in April last year. I was issued the full 2 year visa, but my partner was only given a 1 year visa due to the validity of his passport. He's currently renewing his passport, and now we're just wondering how he can be issued the second year of his visa?

Surely he wouldn't have to completely re-apply? He paid the same amount as I did and I was given a full 2 year visa. The staff at the border didn't make it sound like another application would be needed, but now I am not so sure. He's only after the one year that he's owed, he doesn't want another 24 months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We aren't exactly in a position to completely re-apply all over again, and he turns 31 in less than a month, so I am somewhat stressed out because until now I assumed he wouldn't have to submit a whole new application to be granted the second half of his current visa.

Thanks,
Kate.

jansnarski

Jan 14, 2015
Hi Kate,

If i were you i would be doing a new application and hoping it gets processed before he turns 31.

good luck

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montage85 said:
Hey guys,

I've been searching for this information but can't get a clear answer anywhere. Basically my partner and I (both Australian citizens) arrived on WHVs in April last year. I was issued the full 2 year visa, but my partner was only given a 1 year visa due to the validity of his passport. He's currently renewing his passport, and now we're just wondering how he can be issued the second year of his visa?

Surely he wouldn't have to completely re-apply? He paid the same amount as I did and I was given a full 2 year visa. The staff at the border didn't make it sound like another application would be needed, but now I am not so sure. He's only after the one year that he's owed, he doesn't want another 24 months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We aren't exactly in a position to completely re-apply all over again, and he turns 31 in less than a month, so I am somewhat stressed out because until now I assumed he wouldn't have to submit a whole new application to be granted the second half of his current visa.

Thanks,
Kate.
Unlike Australian working holiday program, Canada does not offer the second year working holiday visa. Canadian working holiday program is only one deal..... That's why I like Australian working holiday program

orangesun

Mar 3, 2015
I called CIC recently to ask the same questions and they said people in this situation need to apply for a change of conditions to their visa.
The application form is the IMM_ 5710 .

I would call to check that this is 100% accurate.

I have not used this form yet, but intend to do so in the coming months. I was advised by staff at the CIC call centre, 1-888-242-2100. A little tip, if you are calling this number press 0 to get a live representative straight away!

I hope this helps!