+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing after not meeting PR obligation

d3dtn01

May 17, 2009
I got PR in Canada in February 2006. Whilst waiting for the PR (over 2 years), I met my current spouse. She was not interested in moving to Canada, so I have stayed in the US till now. I'm still trying to convince her to move to Canada, but being that it's past February 2009, I can't get 730 days in before the 5 year mark. What can I do now? Let's say I want to move to Canada next February (2009). Can I reapply somehow? I've looked through the forum and didn't quite find the answer to my question.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not renew since you already lost your PR status. You can apply again like you did the first time.

jass89

May 31, 2009
Re: Renewing after not meeting PR obligation--urgent please

Hi
I am in similar type of situation,

As a principle candidate, we got PR in 2005 but we did not avail the opportunity that time and move to UK but after some time we though why not take chance
And my wife and my son went to Canada and settled there. We have all ILT and soon will get British passport may be with next 4 to 5 months time (me and my daughter only as she studying in London)

Subsequently we have been visiting on short stay since we were not sure of settling down due to job and other issues. My wife and son shall be completing the 730 days eligibility for PR renewal next year, but myself and my daughter will not able to complete eligibility stay as I am working in London

We have already purchased house in Canada and wife working for the last 1 years 7 months as she and son will be completing 730 days in Sept. 09 and our PR will expire in march 2010 and they will be applying in either nov09/dec09 or jan10
How can get myself and my daughter renew PR s and what are the legal options available to me .

Please help me

With regards

Jass

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you planning on living in Canada if your PR gets renewed because if not, it would not be worth it to fight to renew it now if you have the same problem again in 5 years when it expires again. If you are planning on living in Canada, then you can apply for it to be renewed under Humane and Compassionate grounds since your wife and son are PR and living in Canada and they are splitting up your family if they remove yours. If that doesn't work out, your wife can sponsor you and the daughter as long as the daughter is still under 22 or is a full time student since before age 22 and she is single and without kids.