+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed PR on H&C, Can i sponsor my wife now?

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
Hi,

I am planning to renew my PR on H&C. Now i would like to sponsor my wife. is there anything i need to worry about? or is there someone who has done this and was successful?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have renewed my PR on H&C. Now i would like to sponsor my wife. is there anything i need to worry about? or is there someone who has done this and was successful?
You still need to be compliant with your RO to sponsor someone or your risk your PR status. How many days have you been in Canada in the past 5 years? When did you apply for a new PR card based on H&C? It seems as though you only recently returned to Canada and were away for quite some time so when do you submit the PR card renewal based on H&C from Canada?

Last edited:

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
You still need to be compliant with your RO to sponsor someone or your risk your PR status. How many days have you been in Canada in the past 5 years? When did you apply for a new PR card based on H&C? It seems as though you only recently returned to Canada and were away for quite some time so when do you submit the PR card renewal based on H&C from Canada?
Apologies, there was a slight error in my original post. i have not yet applied but i am going to apply. I am asking for in case my H&C application gets approved and my PR renewed, will i be able to sponsor?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Apologies, there was a slight error in my original post. i have not yet applied but i am going to apply. I am asking for in case my H&C application gets approved and my PR renewed, will i be able to sponsor?
First of all approval for PR card renewal based on H&C isn’t guaranteed and you have a substantial absence from Canada. You didn’t stay in Canada from 2018-2020 when your father wasn’t ill and also stayed after he passed for around a year as well. It could take over a year for you to get a response from your application for PR card renewal.

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
First of all approval for PR card renewal based on H&C isn’t guaranteed and you have a substantial absence from Canada. You didn’t stay in Canada from 2018-2020 when your father wasn’t ill and also stayed after he passed for around a year as well. It could take over a year for you to get a response from your application for PR card renewal.
Thanks for this. Let's assume I do manage to get it renewed, will then there be any problem in sponsoring my spouse?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for this. Let's assume I do manage to get it renewed, will then there be any problem in sponsoring my spouse?
Renewal on h and c is not common.

It may take quite a while. Answer will depend how long it takes and circumstances.

So - get your h and c renewal, then we'll talk.