+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed PR Card

Anna Claire

May 30, 2015
Dear All,

Do you know if in Ottawa/Ontario a Renewed PR Card is being delivered by Mail or we have to personally go to pick it up?

I have some friends who received it by Mail in Montreal.

After 11 months processing, If it is ready printed since several weeks with no correspondence, does this mean that they will send it by Mail? I don’t understand why they are keeping it (what they are waiting for!).

Do you know, if in the new immigration rules, something has changed in this regard?

Many thanks for your answers.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna Claire said:
Dear All,

Do you know if in Ottawa/Ontario a Renewed PR Card is being delivered by Mail or we have to personally go to pick it up?

I have some friends who received it by Mail in Montreal.

After 11 months processing, If it is ready printed since several weeks with no correspondence, does this mean that they will send it by Mail? I don't understand why they are keeping it (what they are waiting for!).

Do you know, if in the new immigration rules, something has changed in this regard?

Many thanks for your answers.
Nothing changed. Sometimes they call you to pick it up and and sometimes they mail it. Up to them.

Anna Claire

May 30, 2015
CanV said:
Nothing changed. Sometimes they call you to pick it up and and sometimes they mail it. Up to them.
Thanks for your comment.

Are you 100% sure ? If yes, up to them! up to their mood, there is no certain protocol or practice abut that ?

you said "sometimes they call you" i was waiting for an email or for a mail, do they phone call for collection ?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Call CIC to find out the card status. I received card by canada post.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anna Claire said:
Thanks for your comment.

Are you 100% sure ? If yes, up to them! up to their mood, there is no certain protocol or practice abut that ?

you said "sometimes they call you" i was waiting for an email or for a mail, do they phone call for collection ?
If they mail, then they directly send you a mail along with new pr card. If it needs to be collected from cic office, then I think they will send a letter asking you to come to cic office to collect it. It was a protocol few years back. I am not too sure about today's scenario.

Anna Claire

May 30, 2015
ttrajan said:
Call CIC to find out the card status. I received card by canada post.
when I called earlier, CIC said that it is printed and ready, and I have to wait for a response from the local office, and nothing is happening.

Since you received the card by Canada Post, Do you need to receive it only in person by canada post so they can verify the recipient ? ( in such case, i mean i must wait at home all the time :D !?) or it was sent by the regular mail ?

Thanks,

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
No they send by regular post. They will put it in your mail box.

Anna Claire

May 30, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
If they mail, then they directly send you a mail along with new pr card. If it needs to be collected from cic office, then I think they will send a letter asking you to come to cic office to collect it. It was a protocol few years back. I am not too sure about today's scenario.
Thanks for your response, It was a real must for me to travel 4 months ago for 2 weeks and I didn't ( couldn't) since I had to wait for the PR Card to be renewed, if they may send it by regular mail, then I should have travelled and once it arrives to home then my family would send it to me by courier and I would use it for coming back home! that's really hilarious ! but not funny, and ridiculous, what to say more .......

but who could expect that it would take that long !

what do they make everybody's life that miserable ?

Very simple, make it a general practice or rule, they should always send by regular mail, and full stop.

Anna Claire

May 30, 2015
ttrajan said:
No they send by regular post. They will put it in your mail box.
Thanks for your reply, in which city you are ? doesn't make a difference between offices ( cities ) ? or provinces ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anna Claire said:
Thanks for your reply, in which city you are ? doesn't make a difference between offices ( cities ) ? or provinces ?
No - no difference.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Anna Claire said:
Edmonton, Alberta.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received it here in Montreal by regular mail, exactly as it was the first time after becoming permanent resident.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Anna Claire said:
Thanks for your comment.

I have heard that CIC often ask individuals to pick up the card in person if there is a possible question mark over the PR card application or they wish to interview you. My sister in law who was overseas a lot was asked to pick up hers in person (but wasn't interviewed) whereas my wife who didn't travel had hers posted to her.