+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

renewal of WP

glik

Nov 26, 2008
greetings to all! I have been here in Canada for the last 2 1/2 years. I was a visitor/ tourist when i came here with my common law partner and has been successful in obtaining extensions for both of us as well. I took a fast track course (8 months) and got an open work permit after graduating. My open work permit expires in June 2009. I am an Instructor Therapist ( individual who works with disable persons NOC 4215) but have not been lucky enough to be employed by centers/schools/clinic. I do have clients though on a home basis. NOw my question is, how do i renew my work permit? HOw can i get an LMO? Is it possible for my clients to apply for my LMO even though my work is part time based only? ( Different clients at different times of week). Im hoping for someone to shed some light on this and I can finally have some piece of mind :) Acquiring a lawyer is not an option for me since I am not financially able. We do plan to apply for PR, just waiting to see for a faster way to do it :) ( CEC and PNP are both not an option at the moment)
thank you so much for the help!

glik

Nov 26, 2008
well i talked to someone form HRSDC and was informed that i fall under self employed. Self employed people cannot get an LMO. so now how am I suppose to renew my work permit with out an LMO??? anyone please help!!! anyone fall under the same category as I am and was able to renew their permits or are in the process of renewing as well???

glik

Nov 26, 2008
ps. it would be a lot of help if anyone knows who needs an Instructor therapist (work with individuals who are disabled) and be willing to sponsor? I have applied to all centers here in Ontario and have not received any offer...... any luck finding one out there in BC?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

glik said:
ps. it would be a lot of help if anyone knows who needs an Instructor therapist (work with individuals who are disabled) and be willing to sponsor? I have applied to all centers here in Ontario and have not received any offer...... any luck finding one out there in BC?
I think that you are out of luck for a WP, as you said Service Canada will not issue an LMO for self-employed.

PMM