+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of visitor visa

H1629

Feb 25, 2019
Hi
I need assistance for the list of documents required for visa extension.my Canadian visiting visa ending on 5th June .I been to Canada twice and came back on scheduled time .
Secondly can I apply my minor daughter application with my application? As her visa was refused last time .the reason given was
Travel history
Insufficient funds
Weak family ties .
Now since I have made two visits so will it be helpful in her case?
She is minor .
kindly assist.
Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you are not in Canada, you cannot apply to extend your visa (I believe). You can apply for a new visa. Evidence of travelling to Canada and leaving before your admission expired will be reviewed as a positive factor for you.

For your daughter, it may or may not help.

H1629

Feb 25, 2019
If you are not in Canada, you cannot apply to extend your visa (I believe). You can apply for a new visa. Evidence of travelling to Canada and leaving before your admission expired will be reviewed as a positive factor for you.

For your daughter, it may or may not help.
I m right now not in Canada .. renewal means all fresh application? So what all documents are required now?
Guide further how to apply my daughter application? Should I apply it later or now with my application? Last time too I got confused replies and was not able to make out what to do .as most of the immigration lawyers too are not known to the rules n regulations ..so posting thread in forum will help me in getting genuine reply

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
If you are outside Canada, then it is a FRESH, brand new application. If you are inside the country, it would be an extension of how long you can stay in the country. As well why do you want to bring your daughter to Canada, and that you had sole custody? You had stated you had visited Canada once in 2018, then as recently as February /2019, and now it sounds like you want to apply for a brand new visa, but apply for a visa for your daughter as well.
You had mentioned that you were or had taken the IELTS test, are you looking for a job in Canada?

H1629

Feb 25, 2019
If you are outside Canada, then it is a FRESH, brand new application. If you are inside the country, it would be an extension of how long you can stay in the country. As well why do you want to bring your daughter to Canada, and that you had sole custody? You had stated you had visited Canada once in 2018, then as recently as February /2019, and now it sounds like you want to apply for a brand new visa, but apply for a visa for your daughter as well.
You had mentioned that you were or had taken the IELTS test, are you looking for a job in Canada?
Nope .I have no plans to settle there.neither I m looking for a job .my parents are there.my visiting visa expiring on 5th June .my parents can not travel to India now coz of their age factor .so I want to visit them during my vacations.secondky I am the sole custodian of my daughter.. obviously if visa is expiring,I will apply for fresh / renewal whatever is the case .
No one here is guiding me what documents are required for submission?

H1629

Feb 25, 2019
Nope .I have no plans to settle there.neither I m looking for a job .my parents are there.my visiting visa expiring on 5th June .my parents can not travel to India now coz of their age factor .so I want to visit them during my vacations.secondky I am the sole custodian of my daughter.. obviously if visa is expiring,I will apply for fresh / renewal whatever is the case .
Daughter is minor so just to make her meet her grandparents.. nothing else .she has not met them since last 2.5 years.i visited alone coz her visa was not approved. I have my secured job and assets here in India .so it should not be looked as a doubtful case .please !!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
We won't guide you to things you can easily find on the CIC website. Go there and learn what documents are required to apply for a new visa. You cannot extend your stay in Canada as you are not in Canada. You cannot renew a visa.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Daughter is minor so just to make her meet her grandparents.. nothing else .she has not met them since last 2.5 years.i visited alone coz her visa was not approved. I have my secured job and assets here in India .so it should not be looked as a doubtful case .please !!
Since you have traveled Canada in past you may be eligible for applying the visa under Can plus programme, under this documentation is not required or bare minimum documentation is required

Reactions: H1629

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Since you have traveled Canada in past you may be eligible for applying the visa under Can plus programme, under this documentation is not required or bare minimum documentation is required. This scheme may not be available for all nationalities.. kindly check with your vfs.

Reactions: H1629

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You know what documents worked the last time for your approval. You need to prepare your new application along the same lines.

Like the others have said, there is NO renewal process for a TRV. You need to reapply from scratch for a brand new TRV.

If your previous TRV was granted because you indicated your daughter as a family tie to return to India.... then your visits won't help her chances of a TRV approval.... because your own chances of a TRV approval were probably slim in the first place

H1629

Feb 25, 2019
You know what documents worked the last time for your approval. You need to prepare your new application along the same lines.

Like the others have said, there is NO renewal process for a TRV. You need to reapply from scratch for a brand new TRV.

If your previous TRV was granted because you indicated your daughter as a family tie to return to India.... then your visits won't help her chances of a TRV approval.... because your own chances of a TRV approval were probably slim in the first place
I applied her application with mine coz she is minor .but at the last moment her application was refused and I was granted ..that was lil confusing for me .As everyone says that minor child has all rights to travel with mother .I am her sole custodian.
Thanks

H1629

Feb 25, 2019
Since you have traveled Canada in past you may be eligible for applying the visa under Can plus programme, under this documentation is not required or bare minimum documentation is required. This scheme may not be available for all nationalities.. kindly check with your vfs.
Thanks for a positive update

Reactions: H06