+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR for Children and Principal Sponsor Only

canpr11

Mar 25, 2012
Dear all and respected senior members:

I have statisifed the residency requirements including my family. I will be applying for my PR renewal soon.

Is it possible to renew my children and mine (principal) PR only. My wife does want her PR card renewed due to personal issues and would like to return back to home country. Can I cancel her PR to avoid future issues.

Thanks for your replies.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You cannot cancel her PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can renew only your PR card and those of your children. It is your wife's decision if she applies to renew hers, if she returns to home country, if she renounces her PR etc. You do not have the right to cancel her PR for her.

Personally, I do not see why she is in a hurry to cancel her PR. In my opinion, she should apply to renew her PR card, return to her home country and think about it. If she wants to return later, if only to visit, she will still have it. If she doesn't want to return, she can renounce it at the point when she does not meet the residency requirements any more.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr11 said:
Dear all and respected senior members:

I have statisifed the residency requirements including my family. I will be applying for my PR renewal soon.

Is it possible to renew my children and mine (principal) PR only. My wife does want her PR card renewed due to personal issues and would like to return back to home country. Can I cancel her PR to avoid future issues.

Thanks for your replies.
1. So your spouse is ok with leaving her family including minor children behind?

2. 1 aside what future issues do you expect/anticipate of such concern that you want to cancel her PR?

3. As per previous posts sorry you can't cancel the PR. She must either voluntarily relinquish or become inadmissible.