+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR CARD

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard of people getting cards with urgent processing in 1-2 months.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kkd said:
Thanks a TON.
What is your personal view/opinion regarding inclusion of copies.
How long should it take for URGENT PROCESSING.

THE FORUM MODERATORS HAVE BEEN OF TRMENDOUS HELP.

REGARDS.
/
Its up to you. You can include copies in your application. I only included my Bio data page when I renewed my PR card earlier this year.

My urgent processing took 2 weeks. You have to realize though that every case might be different. For example, you still have until August 2012 before your PR card expires while in my case, my PR card had been expired for about 10 months and my travel date was a month from the date of my application.

So just send in your application when you are ready and see how it goes. The most important part and which you have satisfied is that you have 730+ days in the last 5 years.

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
hello!

i am wondering how you got information about picking up new pr card?
do they email, send letter or call?
got a call today from ont government, cannot call back, nobody answers and i am wondering could they call me to pick up my card....
send beginning of dec10 and urgent with proof of travel...

thanks

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Millu said:
hello!

got a call today from ont government, cannot call back, nobody answers and i am wondering could they call me to pick up my card....

thanks
Yes, they can call you but they would typically leave a message except you don't have voice mail.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
HAPPY TO INFORM THAT MY PR CARD GOT APPROVED UNDER URGENT CATEGORY IN LESS THAN A MONTHS TIME INSPITE OF CHRITSMAS HOLIDAYS.
APPL RECEIVE 23Dec
CARD PICK UP 19th JANUARY

KKD

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kkd said:
HAPPY TO INFORM THAT MY PR CARD GOT APPROVED UNDER URGENT CATEGORY IN LESS THAN A MONTHS TIME INSPITE OF CHRITSMAS HOLIDAYS.
APPL RECEIVE 23Dec
CARD PICK UP 19th JANUARY

KKD
congrats!

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
My PR CARD HAS BEEN APPROVED IN LESS THAN ONE MONTHS TIME.
THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS.

KKD

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Dear Kkd,

Congrats !

So that we can benefit from your experience, could you tell us what all extra information and photocopies etc you included in your urgent processing for PR renewal package. Of course, you included all the forms required in check list. What is interesting is a list of all the extra things you included. Also, did you include any cover letter with explanations etc?

Thanks in advance !

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
Congrats Kkd!!!! :)
that's awesome.
mine is still in process....urgh and the trip is in a week, i hope i hear something soon!
cic website says they received it Dec16th and started to process it Dec19th....

i hope i hear something from them soon...If not, i probably have to give a call to call centre before i leave ( i must leave since the plain tickets are payed and i have urgent family situation back home) and ask
what i should do... :-X
I am from "visa-free" country and hold eu passport.. i only changed my last name, pr card is not expired.

fingers crossed...

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Dear Kkd,

Congrats !

So that we can benefit from your experience, could you tell us what all extra information and photocopies etc you included in your urgent processing for PR renewal package. Of course, you included all the forms required in check list. What is interesting is a list of all the extra things you included. Also, did you include any cover letter with explanations etc?

Thanks in advance !
I HAD SUBMITTED ALL PAPERS AS PER CHECK LIST.
IN ADDITION I SENT A RECONCILLIATION ( sort of ready recknor ) of my presence, absence and total period.
My present card expires in AUGUST 12. So I sent a letter informing that I shall be gone till November12 and hence the need for an urgent card.
I feel, following the process and sincerity is all that matters.

KKD

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
hello!

thanks

I picked up my card from HEMILTON. I GOT A LETTER THAT I COULD PICK UP MY CARD ON ANY TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAY'S OR THURSDAY'S BETWEEN 9 am to 11.30 am.
I went on Thursday and it took 15 minutes.

Regards.

Kkd

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Dear Kkd,

Asked you a question earlier about submitting your Urgent processing package. Scroll up to see my question. Thanks !