+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR CARD

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
My pr status is expiring on 10 October2012
I will fulfill my res obligation of 730 Days In preceding 5 years on 12th Dec2011
I am applying for renewal on 15 th Dec 2011
QUESTION 1 Can I travel after submitting my renewal aplication and return before expiry of present pr card ?

Can I apply for URGENT PROCRSSING OF MY APPL, INspite OF FACT THAT MY PRESENT CARD IS STILL VALID FOR 10 Months ?

Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is unlikely that they will accept urgent processing on an application when your PR card is still valid for 10 months where the normal processing time is less than that.

It is even unlikely that they will invite you to pick up the new PR card before your current one expires. I had also applied in plenty of time and they only invited me to pick it up near my expiry date. That is unless you state some reason of why you need it earlier, say you plan to be outside Canada upon your expiry. Then maybe they will do it.

You can leave and return with your still valid PR card even if you have applied for a renewal.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for your prompt reply.I plan to go to India and stay there for one year. Will it be sufficient to mention this reason for URGENT processing?
One more question.

During my 730 days stay I have traveled to US for four times, each for two three days. I have departure stampings but theatre are NO returning stampings. Do they accept my word? I do not have tickets as I have traveled by road, and I am a retired person.

If I leave Canada On 1st and return on 4 th, what is the absence? Three days or Two days.?

Thanks and regards.

KKD

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For PR residency requirements, any part of a day spent in Canada counts as a full day so if you left Canada on the 1st and returned on the 4th, they would count only 2 days absence.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks sir,this helps clarifying my dought
Kindly show some light on proof of reentry from short trip of US.
Thanks.

KKD

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have no proof of re-entry, you just have to hope that they believe you.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
I will appreciate if problem serving reply is possible. Depending on luck will be too vulnerable.There is NO provision of stamping the PP on reentry from US to Canada. Do they take our word ?
Some evidence of presence in Canada after a particular visit like doctor visit and/or lab visit is possible,but this wil. Not be same day as day of reentry.
What is the way out ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are worried about it, you could keep your receipts. Do you always pay cash or use a card? If you buy things with your visa card, you should see it on the statement if they were bought in the US or Canada. If you stop at an ATM to get some money, you would get a receipt. So it doesn't actually prove that you were the one who used the card but it is better than nothing.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
During my visit to India, I had made short tips to hong kong, Singapore and Dubai. Do I have to mention details of these trips? Or just mentioning total absence in India will do.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
PL REPLY TO MY QUESTION RELATED TO ONWARD TRAVEL DURIND INDIA VISIT.I HAVE TO FILE MY RENEWAL APPL ON MONDAY THE 19th Dec 11

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kkd said:
During my visit to India, I had made short tips to hong kong, Singapore and Dubai. Do I have to mention details of these trips? Or just mentioning total absence in India will do.
Yes... if you have the info

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Is it necessary to enclose copies of stamped pages of passport along with the application for renewal ? Or should I wait for them to call/ask.
My pr will expire on 20 AUGUST12, but I sant to go to India in march12 and stay and stay for 6 moths to celebrate Diwali and other festivals with my grand children there.
CAN I REQUEST FOR URGENT PROCESSING WITH A PAID TICKET? I am applying on 20 th Dec 2011 completing a stay of 737 days in Canada.
Promt guidance is requested.

KKD

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kkd said:
Is it necessary to enclose copies of stamped pages of passport along with the application for renewal ? Or should I wait for them to call/ask.
My pr will expire on 20 AUGUST12, but I sant to go to India in march12 and stay and stay for 6 moths to celebrate Diwali and other festivals with my grand children there.
CAN I REQUEST FOR URGENT PROCESSING WITH A PAID TICKET? I am applying on 20 th Dec 2011 completing a stay of 737 days in Canada.
Promt guidance is requested.
KKD
Yes you can request for urgent processing. You don't need to include photocopies of passport pages... but you are free to include it if that makes you feel better.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks a TON.
What is your personal view/opinion regarding inclusion of copies.
How long should it take for URGENT PROCESSING.

THE FORUM MODERATORS HAVE BEEN OF TRMENDOUS HELP.

REGARDS.
/