+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR Card

Ngopal2504

Dec 12, 2013
Hi,
I had sent my PR card renewal application through Canada Post and was received by IRCC, Sydney, Nova Scotia, on 10th September 2021. As on date I don't have any updates. I had sent my spouse's application on same date and she already received her PR card. Both the application were sent on same date and received on same date as well. How come there is not updates for me? I tried to check the status on IRCC website and it displays that there is no information on application as they might not have started to work on application. How can I contact them to find out the status of the application?

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I did apply for citizenship in June 2020, I am still waiting for the oath. But PR card is almost expired and I decided to renew it. I sent my packaged to renew my PR card in the end of July 2021. In December they returned my package to me because at the very bottom I missed to place one checkmark. So in the beginning of January 2022 I did resend my package again and still no any updates. I do not know what is going on - I will need to visit my family but there is still not citizenship and PR is almost expired.
I think, if a person forgot to place one checkmark - it is possible to contact a person via email but not to sent the entire package back after 5 months....