+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RENEWAL OF PERMANENT RESIDENCY

mrsskittles

Jul 1, 2014
Hello everyone! It's been a while. I am asking in behalf of my husband who's PR card is currently in process. The last correspondence we received was on February 20th telling us that it is going under second review. it has been a month and we haven't received any updates both on print and upon checking on the site. My questions are the following:

1. Is it okay for us to call them for updates?
2. Does it mean that his PR card eligibility is in trouble?

We sent out his renewal application on January and we got our first reply a month after. A week followed and we were asked to send out a travel document as an additional requirement. We were able to send it the following day and we got a correspondence on the 20th informing us on the extension of the renewal process.

Thank you all for your time.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has your husband complied with the Residency Obligation to maintain his PR status?

Meaning, has he spent at least 730 days within the last 5 years in Canada, or if you are a Canadian citizen that sponsored him for PR, have you lived with him if you are both living abroad?

Remember it's only his PR Card that actually expires, not his status...even if he hasn't met the RO, but would probably lose status if he is reported.

If he has met the RO, he has nothing to worry about.