+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

renewal of medical coverage

cinvest2021

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Hello,

I am about to renew my medical coverage (provincial) in Quebec.
There is an ongoing discussion with an employer in Calgary that I start working there for long term, but it is not clear yet if this is going to happen or not.

If I do renew my coverage / health card, does it mean a commitment to stay in Quebec or is it acceptable to switch province soon after because plans have changed?
Say for argue sake 1 week after I would switch province. Should I wait and start all over a medical coverage in the new province?

Thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am about to renew my medical coverage (provincial) in Quebec.
There is an ongoing discussion with an employer in Calgary that I start working there for long term, but it is not clear yet if this is going to happen or not.

If I do renew my coverage / health card, does it mean a commitment to stay in Quebec or is it acceptable to switch province soon after because plans have changed?
Say for argue sake 1 week after I would switch province. Should I wait and start all over a medical coverage in the new province?

Thank you in advance
How long have you lived in Quebec? If only recently landed it makes no sense to apply for RAMQ if you won’t meet the residency requirements to have coverage under RAMQ and could have to pay back any expenses you used.