+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew visitor visa in Canada

godfather86

Sep 17, 2010
GTA
My parent has a visitor visa which expires at the same day of the passport. Since the passport will have less than 6 months when she travels, the plan is to renew the passport and bring both ( old passport with valid visa + new passport). I believe that should be ok similar to US entry rules?

She is hoping to renew TRV while in Canada. I read about the visitor record and she won’t need that as she doesn’t plan to overstay.

My question is: Can she renew her visitor visa while in Canada? Is it easier to obtain a TRV in Canada compared to applying for a new visa at the home country?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My parent has a visitor visa which expires at the same day of the passport. Since the passport will have less than 6 months when she travels, the plan is to renew the passport and bring both ( old passport with valid visa + new passport). I believe that should be ok similar to US entry rules?

She is hoping to renew TRV while in Canada. I read about the visitor record and she won’t need that as she doesn’t plan to overstay.

My question is: Can she renew her visitor visa while in Canada? Is it easier to obtain a TRV in Canada compared to applying for a new visa at the home country?

Thanks
She can only renew the TRV outside of Canada.