+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew TRV for Children within Canada

May 18, 2016
Hi everyone!

Need some help. I recently got my PGWP, extended my wife''s OWP and also my kids status as visitors. The problem is that all of ours Visas TRV (passport stickers) are expired. I know I can renew my wife's and mine online. I called CIC today and they told me that to renew my kids (7 and 4) I must do so abroad, because as visitors they are eligible to do it from within Canada. We were planning to go abroad for summer vacations, but not long enough to apply for a new visa. Can some please adivse?

Thanks!

IMA77

Jun 23, 2015
DarthVader1982 said:
Hi everyone!

Need some help. I recently got my PGWP, extended my wife''s OWP and also my kids status as visitors. The problem is that all of ours Visas TRV (passport stickers) are expired. I know I can renew my wife's and mine online. I called CIC today and they told me that to renew my kids (7 and 4) I must do so abroad, because as visitors they are eligible to do it from within Canada. We were planning to go abroad for summer vacations, but not long enough to apply for a new visa. Can some please adivse?

Thanks!
Hi, DarthVader1982!
May I kindly ask you if you was able to make new TRV for your children withing Canada. Or it's really impossible? Thank you!

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi, DarthVader1982!
May I kindly ask you if you was able to make new TRV for your children withing Canada. Or it's really impossible? Thank you!
Hi IMA77, have you figured out how to do this? I am in the situation now. I have my child with me in Canada with Visitor Record and want to renew TRV.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi IMA77, have you figured out how to do this? I am in the situation now. I have my child with me in Canada with Visitor Record and want to renew TRV.
1. Can't apply as visitors in Canada for a TRV (only students/workers) will have to apply on line to an overseas office.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi

1. Can't apply as visitors in Canada for a TRV (only students/workers) will have to apply on line to an overseas office.
That means, my child has to be out of Canada first, then apply either online or paper, right? But I don't think it will be approved once he leaves Canada, because our family applied PR already. Once you show your intent to immigrate to Canada, your TRV will not be approved outside of Canada.

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
You can do the paper application. Dont do the online application. Please submit your WP/SP as a proof and also please please send them covering letter that you would be bearing all the expenses. Also attach their visitor record
Hi

This is absolutely wrong. We can defiantly apply. I myself has done the same for my wife who is visitor. Same has been done by few of my colleagues. we havent got any rejections till date. (I have seen almost four cases where they are on CWP and got the TRV for wife based on Visitor record)

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
You can do the paper application. Dont do the online application. Please submit your WP/SP as a proof and also please please send them covering letter that you would be bearing all the expenses. Also attach their visitor record

This is absolutely wrong. We can defiantly apply. I myself has done the same for my wife who is visitor. Same has been done by few of my colleagues. we havent got any rejections till date. (I have seen almost four cases where they are on CWP and got the TRV for wife based on Visitor record)
Thank you for your great information nage.sai94. I wish I knew this earlier, coz I already applied on-line and mine was approved and my son's got refused. I cancelled my air tickets which is so sad...But at least now I know there is a way for that!

m_rahman

Sep 26, 2020

So can we do online application for Kids (having visitor status) or we have to do paper application?

m_rahman

Sep 26, 2020
As a visitor permit holder from inside Canada, It is not possible to apply online. The University immigration office suggested me to apply for chid a study permit (though my child has visit permit), then submit all relevant documents- school's transcript, a cover letter describing all limitation for the current situation, financial support documents (Canadian Bank statement as I am living in Canada)...I am going to apply I don't what will happen.

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
I applied visitor visa online for my daughter 3 times and got approved but we just got Visitor record instead of TRV, after some research we came to know that we do not have an option for TRV for visitor visa holders online, they only get Visitor record. Then we came here and saw @nage.sai94's comment (Thanks mate).
I tried with paper based application for my child, and got PPR today. It worked and it took only like 2 weeks to get the TRV.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
I applied visitor visa online for my daughter 3 times and got approved but we just got Visitor record instead of TRV, after some research we came to know that we do not have an option for TRV for visitor visa holders online, they only get Visitor record. Then we came here and saw @nage.sai94's comment (Thanks mate).
I tried with paper based application for my child, and got PPR today. It worked and it took only like 2 weeks to get the TRV.
Great! I am in the same situation. Can you please let me know what forms and documents you used?

Thanks

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
@damitdada
You would able to download the TRV application package from IRCC website, you do not need to fill all the forms in the package. Please read the instructions clearly, also add a explanation letter, fee paid receipt and checklist. The address will be there in the checklist. This is what I remember now.
Hope this helps

Reactions: damitdada