+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew Refugee Claimant Document

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
My refugee claimant document will expired in 2 months. I want to ask how to renew the refugee claimant document for a refugee who is still waiting for the hearing in Toronto ?

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
My refugee claimant document will expired in 2 months. I want to ask how to renew the refugee claimant document for a refugee who is still waiting for the hearing in Toronto ?
Unfortunately you can’t renew it this is for sure , but my opinion you still can use it as valid document

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
As a matter of fact now you are able to renew your "Refugee Protection Claimant Document", this wasn't the case in the past or maybe there was a lack of information with regards to the process. Anyways, there was an update on January 8th, 2019 by IRCC were they made the process of renewing the RPCD clearer. I quoted this from their website:

"Regardless of where the claim is originally made, clients should contact the nearest local Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office for the replacement or renewal of an RPCD. If the client does not know the location of the nearest local IRCC office, they may check online."

And here is the link from IRCC's page (scroll to the bottom of the page):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/canada/processing-claims-general-requirements-administration.html

Good Luck!

Demekech

Nov 24, 2015
As a matter of fact now you are able to renew your "Refugee Protection Claimant Document", this wasn't the case in the past or maybe there was a lack of information with regards to the process. Anyways, there was an update on January 8th, 2019 by IRCC were they made the process of renewing the RPCD clearer. I quoted this from their website:

"Regardless of where the claim is originally made, clients should contact the nearest local Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office for the replacement or renewal of an RPCD. If the client does not know the location of the nearest local IRCC office, they may check online."

And here is the link from IRCC's page (scroll to the bottom of the page):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/canada/processing-claims-general-requirements-administration.html

Good Luck!
Thanks too much for helping me that your information about the documents and where I should go are perfect and correct. Thanks again. God bless you.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Is it renewed? For how long?

Please share the procedure you gone through and timeline.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Just adding up to date info that I got from an IRCC agent yesterday to renew the refugee claimant protection document RCPD.

Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD) renewal
All expired RPCDs are still considered valid until further notice. The date they expired will not affect the validity.
  • If your RPCD expired before January 1, 2020:
    • your RPCD is still considered valid. You don’t need to request a new one right now.
  • If your RCPD expired on or after January 1, 2020:
    • you can request a RPCD by mail. To get your new RPCD, you must be inside Canada. Your expired RPCD will stay valid until you get your new one,
      • we invite you to follow the steps on our website to complete and submit your application.
STEPS FROM THEIR WEBSITE

If your RPCD expired on or after January 1, 2020

You can request a RPCD by mail. To get your new RPCD, you must be inside Canada. Your expired RPCD will stay valid until you get your new one.
Follow these steps to get your replacement RPCD:

1. Complete the RPCD request form (PDF, 0.1 MB).
2. Include any dependant who also needs a new RPCD. They must also be inside Canada.
3. Get 2 passport size photos for each person.
The back of 1 photo must include the person’s name and date of birth
4. Mail your complete form and all photos in one envelope to this address:

RPCD / DDA
IRCC Winnipeg
269 Main Street, Suite 400
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1B2

After we get your request, we’ll
- send your new RPCDs in the mail or
- tell you to pick them up at one of our offices

Destroy your old RPCD once you have your new one. The old RPCD will no longer be valid.