+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RENEW PR CARDS

Tom Nguyen

Nov 20, 2014
Hi - my name is Tom.
My family has been granted PR by New Brunswick Provincial Nomination Program last Oct. We are planning to live in BC. My question is, are we qualified for PR renewal if we don't live in New Brunswick?
Looking forward to your advise

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Better to live in the nominated province.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Tom Nguyen said:
Hi - my name is Tom.
My family has been granted PR by New Brunswick Provincial Nomination Program last Oct. We are planning to live in BC. My question is, are we qualified for PR renewal if we don't live in New Brunswick?
Looking forward to your advise
Keep in mind that when you applied for the PR under the PNP program, you claimed intentions to live in the Province that nominated you. Even though you have the freedom to move anywhere in Canada, it would be a risk to move a few months after arriving. Maybe nothing will happen, but if you apply to renew your PR or apply for citizenship in the future and your place of residence is not in the province that nominate you, the visa officer could decide that you misrepresented yourself on your PR application as you didn't honor your intentions to live in the province that nominated you. Like I said , maybe nothing will happen, but is worth the risk ?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
You already got your PR but your decision to move upon landing can haunt you in the future :

In the case of individuals who indicate they no longer intend to reside in the nominating province/territory, the A44(1) report may be written for non-compliance with paragraph 87(2)(b) of the IRPR pursuant to section 41 of the IRPA.

An additional allegation of misrepresentation, pursuant to paragraph 40(1)(a) of the IRPA for R87(2)(b), may be included in the A44(1) report for those individuals that never intended to reside in the nominating province/territory, if supported by the information obtained through examination at the CIC inland office.