+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew pr card Serious mistake pls anyone advise

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Hi, I want to renew pr card. so I paid to a consultant he told me I can apply abroad. When I signed the application he told me to put "Toronto" as city to sign when I was not present in Canada. And he mailed within Canada for me. I do meet RO didnot lie on time for RO but I am worried about this signature thing. Is this kind of misrepresent. Did i make serious mistake. I am so regret now. I already filed the application now its in process with local cic. what should I do now how can I make it correct. Sould I make a statement about this mistake. Pls advice thx a lot

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Re: Serious mistake

Now the file is trasfered to local cic.can I withdraw now and re-apply (now im in canada) Will this have negative assess on my re-apply. I do meet RO.

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013

if withdraw should I tell the truth or just say due to personal reason. Thx. A lot

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sweetFF said:
Hi, I want to renew pr card. so I paid to a consultant he told me I can apply abroad. When I signed the application he told me to put "Toronto" as city to sign when I was not present in Canada. And he mailed within Canada for me. I do meet RO didnot lie on time for RO but I am worried about this signature thing. Is this kind of misrepresent. Did i make serious mistake. I am so regret now. I already filed the application now its in process with local cic. what should I do now how can I make it correct. Sould I make a statement about this mistake. Pls advice thx a lot
Applying when you are not in Canada is in itself not a requirement although the clause in the IRPA is not conclusive as it refers to the application originating in Canada. CIC seem to be dealing with this by making applicants either pick up the card in person or refer the application to a local office read likely interview.

1. Do you have 730 days in the 5 years prior to the application date? Out of country applications need a buffer to account for mailing times so you should have added days for this.

2. So did you sign the application as if you were in Canada on the day?

3. What's your real city of residence in Canada?

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013

Msafiri said:
Applying when you are not in Canada is in itself not a requirement although the clause in the IRPA is not conclusive as it refers to the application originating in Canada. CIC seem to be dealing with this by making applicants either pick up the card in person or refer the application to a local office read likely interview.

1. Do you have 730 days in the 5 years prior to the application date? Out of country applications need a buffer to account for mailing times so you should have added days for this.

2. So did you sign the application as if you were in Canada on the day?

3. What's your real city of residence in Canada?

Yes I have 900 days when appliied and now I m back in Toronto so at any point of time I can meet RO even if I reapply

I do resides in tornoto. But i left for 2 years and used a friends address as mailling adress. And i did declare the 2years absence on the form. The problem is when I signed and wrote Toronto I wasn't in Canada I was aboard. This cic must find out when they asked me to submit certified copies of passport after I applied. this looks like misrepresentation to them.
But I didnt mean to lie about the place where I signed. I just didnt notice it will be a matter to impact my application.

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
what if I go get a travel document. and inform local office that I got TD. Is there a regulation that once I got TD they should stop investigation and grant me the pr card.

Pls if any one can confirm there is such regulation. Thanks a lot.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
How you would get TD when you are already in Toranto

sweetFF said:
Yes I have 900 days when appliied and now I m back in Toronto so at any point of time I can meet RO even if I reapply

I do resides in tornoto. But i left for 2 years and used a friends address as mailling adress. And i did declare the 2years absence on the form. The problem is when I signed and wrote Toronto I wasn't in Canada I was aboard. This cic must find out when they asked me to submit certified copies of passport after I applied. this looks like misrepresentation to them.
But I didnt mean to lie about the place where I signed. I just didnt notice it will be a matter to impact my application.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetFF said:
I can go to the US or maybe Cuba to get one.
This is unecessary...issuance of a TD doesn't mean you will get your PR Card issued immediatley or CIC will cease their process at the local office. Withdraw the application and make a fresh one. Its only 50 bucks. Make sure you still have at least 730 days in the 5 years before the new application. You better have proof of your claimed days though as CIC already have doubts so next time won't be different.

Good luck.

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Msafiri said:
This is unecessary...issuance of a TD doesn't mean you will get your PR Card issued immediatley or CIC will cease their process at the local office. Withdraw the application and make a fresh one. Its only 50 bucks. Make sure you still have at least 730 days in the 5 years before the new application. You better have proof of your claimed days though as CIC already have doubts so next time won't be different.

Good luck.

If withdraw then reapply I am just wondering if they will put my case in the same situation meaning transfer to local again. Or reapply with strong proof may help?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetFF said:
If withdraw then reapply I am just wondering if they will put my case in the same situation meaning transfer to local again. Or reapply with strong proof may help?
Withdrawing means the risk of misrepresentation is mitigated. If this goes againt you then it could lead to inadmissibility. Do you prefer being inadmissible or a second application possibly going for referal. What would be the strong proof the second time that you did not include? Have you worked in Canada? Did you file taxes? Do you have a bonafide lease agreement, T4s?

Without knowing the details of your application then its not clear as to what strategy would maintain the current application. If you continue to think this is your preferred route you need to get some legal advise...the forum won't give you a realistic overview - we don't have enough info hence why the best solution is to reapply but I guess you are in a rush to travel right??

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Msafiri said:
Withdrawing means the risk of misrepresentation is mitigated. If this goes againt you then it could lead to inadmissibility. Do you prefer being inadmissible or a second application possibly going for referal. What would be the strong proof the second time that you did not include? Have you worked in Canada? Did you file taxes? Do you have a bonafide lease agreement, T4s?
yes I agree with you I already decided to withdraw. I am just not sure if they will allow me to withdraw. But I will give a try anyway.
I just started a job from March so for reapply I will definitely including this. And the residential address now is the property I owned. I did file taxes every year even with no income so I have over 5 years NOA in hand. I also applied for CBSA and OHIP record but seems take bat 1 month to get all.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetFF said:
yes I agree with you I already decided to withdraw. I am just not sure if they will allow me to withdraw. But I will give a try anyway.
I just started a job from March so for reapply I will definitely including this. And the residential address now is the property I owned. I did file taxes every year even with no income so I have over 5 years NOA in hand. I also applied for CBSA and OHIP record but seems take bat 1 month to get all.
CIC will accept the withdrawal of the application but it won't necessarily stop any residency review and prosecution in process. Given that it can take up to 15 months to review your file your chances of someone currently working on your file are low unless you applied more than 6 months ago. Your non employment in Canada is a red flag. CIC don't believe even your 900 days - in their eyes how did you survive in Canada all that time.

CBSA and OHIP will help but will be considered part of the overall evidence so in themselves may not be enough.

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Msafiri said:
CIC will accept the withdrawal of the application but it won't necessarily stop any residency review and prosecution in process. Given that it can take up to 15 months to review your file your chances of someone currently working on your file are low unless you applied more than 6 months ago. Your non employment in Canada is a red flag. CIC don't believe even your 900 days - in their eyes how did you survive in Canada all that time.

CBSA and OHIP will help but will be considered part of the overall evidence so in themselves may not be enough.
15months from apply or from the date transfer to local
sadly i did applied 6 months ago was back in Oct 2012