Renew PR Card - Residency Time Outside Canada

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm sure this topic has come up countless times, but here is my situation

I received my PR card in 2014 and had to move to live with my spouse, who is a Canadian citizen abroad
Through the past years I have come back to Canada every summer
Now I live in Canada and I intend to continue living for the next couple of years.

Can I apply to renew my PR card as I spent my time with my spouse abroad? and now I live here so I have a Canadian address and contact info?

In the history section of the application, I plan on listing all my travels and absence times from Canada, is that sufficient?

Any potential complications i should be aware of?

Thanks!

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hello,

I'm sure this topic has come up countless times, but here is my situation

I received my PR card in 2014 and had to move to live with my spouse, who is a Canadian citizen abroad
Through the past years I have come back to Canada every summer
Now I live in Canada and I intend to continue living for the next couple of years.

Can I apply to renew my PR card as I spent my time with my spouse abroad? and now I live here so I have a Canadian address and contact info?

In the history section of the application, I plan on listing all my travels and absence times from Canada, is that sufficient?

Any potential complications i should be aware of?

Thanks!
In the last 5 years , how many days in total have you spent in Canada???

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the last 5 years , how many days in total have you spent in Canada???
Continously, I have spent approx 500 days but if I add my visits can probably get the 650.

I guess my question is, shouldn’t the application be straight forward since I was abroad with a Canadian citizen and when I apply I will apply from within Canada and while living here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't say straightforward because you have moved around a lot but as long as you can prove that you lived with your Canadian spouse for over 230 days or 80 days depending on your calculations you should be fine.