+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew PR and Imm5444 questions

ryersonfs

Aug 11, 2015
Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions about renewing PR:
I became PR since July 2016, my PR card is gonna expire Sep 2021. I am applying for renewal this month considering everything is slow right now and I would prefer to keep these thing valid and available
Q1:in the form, in address and work history, is says ‘You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago’. For my case(applying at 4.5 year after became PR), I should only need to list history after I became PR instead of starting with 5 years ago from today, right?
Q2, ‘You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago’ is also mentioned in travel history section, for the period of assessment fields, I should also start with date became PR instead of 5 years ago from today, correct?
Q3 I had some short trips outside of Canada, they are all less than 12 days, (total absence is less than 1095) I’ve listed them in absence form, but is it necessary to list them in address history?

thanks!

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions about renewing PR:
I became PR since July 2016, my PR card is gonna expire Sep 2021. I am applying for renewal this month considering everything is slow right now and I would prefer to keep these thing valid and available
Q1:in the form, in address and work history, is says ‘You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago’. For my case(applying at 4.5 year after became PR), I should only need to list history after I became PR instead of starting with 5 years ago from today, right?
Q2, ‘You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago’ is also mentioned in travel history section, for the period of assessment fields, I should also start with date became PR instead of 5 years ago from today, correct?
Q3 I had some short trips outside of Canada, they are all less than 12 days, (total absence is less than 1095) I’ve listed them in absence form, but is it necessary to list them in address history?

thanks!
Q1: Yes, they need all your addresses after you became PR. The addresses before that don’t matter.

Q2: Yes, you’re correct. Your period of assessment would be from the date you became a permanent resident (if your period of eligibility is less than 5 years) to the date you sign the application form. If it’s more than 5 years, you would go back 5 years from the date you sign your application form, and that would be your period of assessment. So, in your case, you’re correct. Yours would be from the date you landed in Canada as a permanent resident for the first time (in 2016) to the date you sign your application form, because your eligibility period is less than 5 yrs.

Q3: In the citizenship instruction guide, IRCC says you don’t need to list addresses of the places of your family members or friends you stayed at, while you were on vacation or short trips, but nothing about short trips is mentioned in the PR renewal instruction guide.

Reference to Canadian Citizenship instruction guide in IRCC Website:
IRCC website said:
You don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation.
However, Keep in mind that no gap is allowed in both address history and work and education history. So, if you decided not to mention the addresses of places, at which you stayed during your short tips, make sure you consider your primary address in Canada to be mentioned in the address history, for the days you were on vacation during your short trips to avoid a gap in your list. However, some people (including me) believe that writing the address of the places you lived/stayed at, during your short trips/short vacations doesn’t hurt. Frankly, it would be safer and more detailed (in my opinion). It’s up to you tho. Only the list would be longer!

Good luck!

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Q1: Yes, they need all your addresses after you became PR. The addresses before that don’t matter.

Q2: Yes, you’re correct. Your period of assessment would be from the date you became a permanent resident (if your period of eligibility is less than 5 years) to the date you sign the application form. If it’s more than 5 years, you would go back 5 years from the date you sign your application form, and that would be your period of assessment. So, in your case, you’re correct. Yours would be from the date you landed in Canada as a permanent resident for the first time (in 2016) to the date you sign your application form, because your eligibility period is less than 5 yrs.

Q3: In the citizenship instruction guide, IRCC says you don’t need to list addresses of the places of your family members or friends you stayed at, while you were on vacation or short trips, but nothing about short trips is mentioned in the PR renewal instruction guide.

However, Keep in mind that no gap is allowed in both address history and work and education history. So, if you decided not to mention the addresses of places, at which you stayed during your short tips, make sure you consider your primary address in Canada to be mentioned in the address history, for the days you were on vacation during your short trips to avoid a gap in your list. However, some people (including me) believe that writing the address of the places you lived/stayed at, during your short trips/short vacations doesn’t hurt. Frankly, it would be safer and more detailed (in my opinion). It’s up to you tho. Only the list would be longer!

Good luck!
Hi,

I am also in the process of applying for renewal of my PR card , we travelled a lot even within Canada during the 5 years and stayed at different addresses due to my husband's job, can you please guide if we have to provide month to month addresses for the places we stayed or for each day? in the instruction guide on how to fill IMM5445 , it is mentioned to account for each month only , so doyou think I can go with that or should I account for the trips within Canada for 10-15 days as well ? because we stayed at different air bnb's and some for even 2-3 days at one air bnb and again 2-3 days at others. Please guide.

Thanks

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Hi,

I am also in the process of applying for renewal of my PR card , we travelled a lot even within Canada during the 5 years and stayed at different addresses due to my husband's job, can you please guide if we have to provide month to month addresses for the places we stayed or for each day? in the instruction guide on how to fill IMM5445 , it is mentioned to account for each month only , so doyou think I can go with that or should I account for the trips within Canada for 10-15 days as well ? because we stayed at different air bnb's and some for even 2-3 days at one air bnb and again 2-3 days at others. Please guide.

Thanks
You dont really have to list airbnb or trips. Think about what you considered home at each point of time, that address should be listed, monthly should be fine.
Also, if you were moving from one city to another and stayed for a week or two at an Airbnb while you looked for permanent accommodation, you can just list the final home you found. No need to list those airbnbs.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ji all, just wondering if anyone has any rough timelines for PR Renewal? I got my PR in August 2016 and applied yesterday for PR Renewal. My PR Card expires in September 2021 (and I want to get in early) to beat the 'Covid Rush'. I have been working as a Professional Accountant for the last 4.5 years and I am waiting for my virtual graduation for my Masters Degree before filing my citizenship application.

Does anyone know if there is a problem applying for citizenship after you have applied for PR Renewal? Will it cause confusion for the Visa processing officers? Has anyone heard of anyone doing this before? If Yes, how did it turn out? Thank you in advance of your reply.

Timeline:
**** PR Renewal Posted: 25 January 2021
**** Citizenship Application: Pending

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Ji all, just wondering if anyone has any rough timelines for PR Renewal? I got my PR in August 2016 and applied yesterday for PR Renewal.
Hi,
According to what we see in the other forum, called PR card renewal timeline 2020 and my own experience, about 55-60 days after the date they receive your application, you can expect to receive AOR email. The processing time which can be checked on the website is 91 days at this moment and is updated weekly, every Tuesday. Needless to say, this processing time is not a fixed time for different applications. According to my own experience, my application was received on October 28, 2020. I received AOR on December 30, 2020( after about two months), and the card was mailed yesterday. So, about 87 days after the day they received my application to the day they mailed my card.

Does anyone know if there is a problem applying for citizenship after you have applied for PR Renewal? Will it cause confusion for the Visa processing officers? Has anyone heard of anyone doing this before? If Yes, how did it turn out? Thank you in advance of your reply.
I personally believe there is no problem to apply for both Citizenship and PR card renewal, due to the fact that they’re two different applications, processed separately. We can also see many people waiting for their citizenship application, while their PR card renewal application is being processed and no problem.

However, it’s my personal opinion. I’m not an immigration expert and my information is limited to my personal experience. If you have any doubts or questions about not only this matter, but also all other issues, you need to contact IRCC and ask them directly.

ryersonfs

Aug 11, 2015

Good luck!
Thank you!