+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew my passport in the middle or PR process + already got open work permit

Choclisa

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

My husband is sponsoring me and we are waiting for the medical results, I already got my open work permit and started working.

My passport expires in April 2022. We are worried that IRCC will ask for another form to fill by an expert doctor because of a medication I’m taking. Getting the appointment with an expert might take a long time so we are thinking if we should get prepared and renew my passport soon due to covid delays aswell. Is it possible and will it effect my PR application? And my work permit I already have? What would I need to do?

Thanks for any clearifications!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

My husband is sponsoring me and we are waiting for the medical results, I already got my open work permit and started working.

My passport expires in April 2022. We are worried that IRCC will ask for another form to fill by an expert doctor because of a medication I’m taking. Getting the appointment with an expert might take a long time so we are thinking if we should get prepared and renew my passport soon due to covid delays aswell. Is it possible and will it effect my PR application? And my work permit I already have? What would I need to do?

Thanks for any clearifications!
In covid it definitely is better to think ahead and renew passport early. Important because they do require valid passport for the final stage of process.

It won't affect your application to get a new passport. When you get it, send them the new info by webmail (with scanned copy of the ID page). We did this for our daughter partway through process, no issue at all, eventually received an acknowledgement.