+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew Indian Passport at Indian Consulate Toronto

Traveller2020

Jun 29, 2020
2. No
3. Yes, you can apply to reissue passport within 1 year of expiry. you only need passport when you want to travel outside country. but as a foreign citizen, do realise that not having a valid passport means you cannot undertake urgent travel for ex. For family emergency back home or for any leisure travel.
Thank you @subodhp for the response. Yes, I do realize the risk/constraint of being without a valid passport and trying my best at this point to get it done at the earliest possible. I wish the walk-in options weren't closed, as I have heard that used to be the quickest.

Update: I have been trying to book a pick-up service and the form submission results in error (web API errors to be precise, which usually means broken website/features). I have tried both $20 and $35 options.

Anyone facing the same issue? If so how did you get to book the Purolator pickup/delivery service?

Last edited:

viralrana2020

Aug 11, 2020
IS BLS brampton open on Saturday?
i have to renew passport for myself , mom and dad so i have to take 3 different appointments ?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
for PR canadian holders we have to mention canada address on top and indian address at bottom ???
For PR holders the printed address has to be canadian address and the other address has to be indian address.

Yes BLS brampton is open on Saturday. Try to reach at 8 AM to avoid rush!

Reactions: viralrana2020

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Reactions: viralrana2020

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi,

I had a few queries about the Tatkal service, I'm about to renew my passport now and I need it urgently, and was wondering if I have to send it to BLS Brampton? The website says so here - https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/emergency-passport/ '
I had a few questions:

1. I'm supposed to send a bank draft of the money to the Consulate General of Toronto, and was wondering if anyone knew if the Consulate is doing walk-ins?
2. If no walk-ins and to send to BLS Brampton, can I use any courier to send my passport to them or specifically Purolator? Please help!!
Hi brother
Did you apply tatkal passport? I need very urgent info .. plz reply

Thousif

Jun 27, 2019
It says

This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your Passport Application (Re-Issue Passport Issuance under Normal scheme) submitted with File Number

what does police verification mean?I don’t live there anymore
Hi I have the same issue. I don't live there. What happened to your renewal? Please advise

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
for PR canadian holders we have to mention canada address on top and indian address at bottom ???
HI,

quick question on this.
I am PR here....i wil put canadian address on top and indian address below...But i was on rent in india so how will the verification happen ?
any clue

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi brother
Did you apply tatkal passport? I need very urgent info .. plz reply
Did you apply for your indian passport renewal in Tatkal, if yes , could you please guide what all documents are needed for passport renewal.