+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing spouse work experience after ITA

Teja0312

Jun 15, 2018
Hi
I have received ITA
I have applied with my spouse under FSW.
We got 449 points together and I have two year's of experience and my wife has one year of USA experience.
I have added my wife work experience while filling the EE form before ITA, After ITA I got to know that no points were added for my wife experience and I can see a field in my application to upload my wife work experience documents... her employer not willing to provide reference letter.
So my question can I remove my wife work experience after ITA from my profile and add it in the personal history.
Can I do this or if I do this, will it have any bad impact on my application
Please help me..
I don't have enough time
Thanks in advance

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
If you don't see a reduction in your CRS score after moving your spouse's work experience to personal history, then no impact. The placeholder to upload her work experience document will go away once you move her experience to personal history.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi
I have received ITA
We got 449 points together and I have two year's of experience and my wife has one year of USA experience.
I have added my wife work experience while filling the EE form before ITA, After ITA I got to know that no points were added for my wife experience and I can see a field in my application to upload my wife work experience documents... her employer not willing to provide reference letter.
So my question can I remove my wife work experience after ITA from my profile and add it in the personal history.
Please help me..
I don't have enough time
Thanks in advance
You can remove her work experience and show it in personal history. Since you're not claiming any points it shouldn't matter. To be extra cautious you can explain the same in LOE. You should be fine.

Reactions: vuta

am_gill

Mar 21, 2018
Hi
I have received ITA
Please help me..
I don't have enough time
Thanks in advance
Hii!
I am in same position as you. Can u plz tell me how u resolved the issue finally? If i try deleting spouse's wrk history, the WORK HISTORY tab does not go away instead appears as an incomplete thing in the application.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hii!
I am in same position as you. Can u plz tell me how u resolved the issue finally? If i try deleting spouse's wrk history, the WORK HISTORY tab does not go away instead appears as an incomplete thing in the application.
Did you answer the question - does your spouse have work ex as Yes or No?

susip

Aug 21, 2019
Hi
I have received ITA
Please help me..
I don't have enough time
Thanks in advance

I am in the same position as you were. Have you removed the spouse experience to the personnal history? this was fine for you? No problem?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I am in the same position as you were. Have you removed the spouse experience to the personnal history? this was fine for you? No problem?
I removed not only my spouse's experience, but also some of mine after ITA. In both cases, there was no impact on the score (spouse's experience was outside Canada, so no points, and for me I still had more than 3 years of foreign experience and made sure my eligibility was not affected).

You can safely go ahead with this.

Reactions: vuta and mugheera

susip

Aug 21, 2019
I removed not only my spouse's experience, but also some of mine after ITA. In both cases, there was no impact on the score (spouse's experience was outside Canada, so no points, and for me I still had more than 3 years of foreign experience and made sure my eligibility was not affected).

Thank you for your quick Answer :)

Nirali1

May 28, 2020
Hii!
Hello,
I have the same situation as yours and I am not able to delete spouse work history because it showing error like incomplete application.
How to delete work experience and move it to personal history if I am not claiming any points for that?
Waiting for your positive response.

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020

Did your application for approved after making those changes? Can you please update?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Did your application for approved after making those changes? Can you please update?
Yes, my application was approved in 5 months - with no requests for additional information.

Reactions: vuta

DeanM90

Oct 14, 2020
Hi, I want to remove my common law spouse from my EE profile to boost my CRS score. I will then sponsor her once I receive PR. How do I change her status to not accompanying on my application? I don't want to withdraw and create a new application as this will put me in the beginning of the queue as my profile has been in the pool for a long time. I can see from forums that this is possible but I cannot find out step by step of how to do it