Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Dear Seniors,

I am the Principal applicant - I got a PNP 2 months ago and my points are now 960. I received the ITA and am now filling out the forms. My husband has over 15 years of work experience in various areas of Banking and Finance ( different NOCS). NONE OF THE WORK EXPERIENCE IS IN CANADA....also it is very difficult to go back and get Job Duties Employer Letters/ pay stubs from all his previous employers as we have relocated to another Country.

Can I remove his work history and move all except last held Job of over 3 and half years to PERSONAL HISTORY? Is there any downside to doing this?

Will it affect my points in any way? Will it affect my FSW 67 points requirement? I am now at 71
Will it affect my CRS Score which is 960 and way above the cut off which was 452 at time of draw.
Will it be viewed negatively in anyway?

Thank you for your help!

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is NO Downside if you are not claiming any CRS points for same. I myself removed my spouse work experience as i want not claiming any CRS points for same.

But dont forgot to mention that work experience in PERSONAL HISTORY, write a Letter of Explanation stating that as you are not claiming any CRS points for Spouse so you have removed it from his work experience.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Ayam93 said:
There is NO Downside if you are not claiming any CRS points for same. I myself removed my spouse work experience as i want not claiming any CRS points for same.

But dont forgot to mention that work experience in PERSONAL HISTORY, write a Letter of Explanation stating that as you are not claiming any CRS points for Spouse so you have removed it from his work experience.
Agreed. No downside at all.

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Thank you both- forgive my ignorance, but is there any way that I can claim points for his work experience if none of it has been in Canada?

Also, can you confirm that whilst calculating CRS scores a spouses work experience if its not in Canada does not affect the score in anyway.

Could you please also let me know if I wont lose points in my FSW calculation and will remain at 71 even if I remove most of his work history.

Thank you

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>>Thank you both- forgive my ignorance, but is there any way that I can claim points for his work experience if none of it has been in Canada?
NOOoo

>>Also, can you confirm that whilst calculating CRS scores a spouses work experience if its not in Canada does not affect the score in anyway.
It does NOT affect your CRS score anyway.

I myself removed spouse experience after ITA and mentioned same in LOE. I did this when i was not able to secure supporting documents for all past jobs and tried to find a solution. Then i got to know that i can remove all of spouse work experience as it will not affect CRS at all.

>>Could you please also let me know if I wont lose points in my FSW calculation and will remain at 71 even if I remove most of his work history.
just cross check this as i am bit confused on it, but i myself was at almost margin 68/100 and thats before i removed my spouse experience.