+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remove spouse work experience in canada after ITA

seokhwanlee88

Jan 6, 2021
Hello all,

I got an ITA, my score was 472, last Friday which cut off was 461. I am gathering all documents that I need now, but one problem is here.
My wife contacts the former employer to ask for Confirmation of Employment. And the employer gave a simple letter that does not have a job code and responsibilities and respond uncooperatively to give more details for documentations.

If I remove her work experience from the application, my final score will be decreased to 467 instead of 472 which I got an ITA with. but still above the lowest score which is 461 on that draw.

I am wondering if I remove her work experience in Canada which I got 5 points for and explain those situations in a Letter of Explanation, would it be okay?

Thanks in advance to all.

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello all,

I got an ITA, my score was 472, last Friday which cut off was 461. I am gathering all documents that I need now, but one problem is here.
My wife contacts the former employer to ask for Confirmation of Employment. And the employer gave a simple letter that does not have a job code and responsibilities and respond uncooperatively to give more details for documentations.

If I remove her work experience from the application, my final score will be decreased to 467 instead of 472 which I got an ITA with. but still above the lowest score which is 461 on that draw.

I am wondering if I remove her work experience in Canada which I got 5 points for and explain those situations in a Letter of Explanation, would it be okay?

Thanks in advance to all.
Yes, it is. Explain you weren't able to gather the supporting documentation. Any claimed points you cannot provide evidence of will simple be deducted. As long as you remain at or above the cut-off there should be no impact.

Reactions: seokhwanlee88

seokhwanlee88

Jan 6, 2021
Yes, it is. Explain you weren't able to gather the supporting documentation. Any claimed points you cannot provide evidence of will simple be deducted. As long as you remain at or above the cut-off there should be no impact.

Thank you so much for your help!
Should I remove the work experience and explain why I remove it in LOE? or
Should I leave the work experience and upload all documents as many as I can prepare and explain why these documents are not enough in LOE?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for your help!
Should I remove the work experience and explain why I remove it in LOE? or
Should I leave the work experience and upload all documents as many as I can prepare and explain why these documents are not enough in LOE?
You can explain that the person is not willing to provide anything else and submit what you have. You could also attach any emails sent as proof. Show what you have. Worst case they will deem it insufficient and remove those points. Best case, they will take and accept it.

If you don't really need them because you're still above the threshold then why bother? It is up to you.

seokhwanlee88

Jan 6, 2021
You can explain that the person is not willing to provide anything else and submit what you have. You could also attach any emails sent as proof. Show what you have. Worst case they will deem it insufficient and remove those points. Best case, they will take and accept it.

If you don't really need them because you're still above the threshold then why bother? It is up to you.
Just got a renewed letter from my employer.

I put my spouse's NOC code under NOC B-cooks (Pastry assistant) when I filled a profile to get in the pool for EE-CEC.
and that is why I got 5 points from that(spouse 1-year work experience in Canada).

On the paper, her position name is 'Production kitchen assistant' which can't be founded from the NOC CODE index job list.
And job duties and responsibilities that the employer wrote down look mixed under NOC B-pastry cook's duties 80% and NOC D-Kitchen helper's duties 20%.

BUT THEY DIDN'T PUT ANY NOC CODE ON THE PAPER.

I am worried now that Officer may refuse the application since we put misrepresented work history(spouse's).
or do they think it is still under NOC B?

I was going to submit all documents that I have since I already claimed that 5 points. I am between status after ITA and before E-APR.

Please give me any advice.

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Just got a renewed letter from my employer.

I put my spouse's NOC code under NOC B-cooks (Pastry assistant) when I filled a profile to get in the pool for EE-CEC.
and that is why I got 5 points from that(spouse 1-year work experience in Canada).

On the paper, her position name is 'Production kitchen assistant' which can't be founded from the NOC CODE index job list.
And job duties and responsibilities that the employer wrote down look mixed under NOC B-pastry cook's duties 80% and NOC D-Kitchen helper's duties 20%.

BUT THEY DIDN'T PUT ANY NOC CODE ON THE PAPER.

I am worried now that Officer may refuse the application since we put misrepresented work history(spouse's).
or do they think it is still under NOC B?

I was going to submit all documents that I have since I already claimed that 5 points. I am between status after ITA and before E-APR.

Please give me any advice.
They'll simply not award the points. Employers almost never include NOCs. You should find a NOC that matches the duties the closest.