+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order

Uttergaza

Jan 2, 2024
Hello I have a removal order against me where I have to leave canada January 16. My lawyer put in my inland sponsorship middle of December and said if he gets an answer about them getting my application before my removal that he can stop the removal. What happens if he does not get an answer before the removal date? What is the next step?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello I have a removal order against me where I have to leave canada January 16. My lawyer put in my inland sponsorship middle of December and said if he gets an answer about them getting my application before my removal that he can stop the removal. What happens if he does not get an answer before the removal date? What is the next step?
To leave Canada before due date or apply for a stay.

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
he should have filed a prra application for you. inquire and bug your lawyer because no one online can help you expedite it faster.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Perhaps ask your lawyer?

Reactions: ERCAN

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Getting AOR won't necessarily stop the deportation, especially given how recently your sponsorship application was submitted. AOR is taking 1-2 months to receive more or less so hard to say if you will have it in time. And again, even if you do, this isn't guaranteed to stop the deportation.

Were you offered PRRA?

Agreed you should be speaking with your lawyer about these questions.

Uttergaza

Jan 2, 2024
To leave Canada before due date or apply for a stay.
No not to leave canada b4 the due date he put in the family sponsorship and said that if he get back an answer b4 my removal order which is the 16 of this month he can stop the removal.

Uttergaza

Jan 2, 2024
Getting AOR won't necessarily stop the deportation, especially given how recently your sponsorship application was submitted. AOR is taking 1-2 months to receive more or less so hard to say if you will have it in time. And again, even if you do, this isn't guaranteed to stop the deportation.

Were you offered PRRA?

Agreed you should be speaking with your lawyer about these questions.
Yes I did a PRRA and they denied it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I did a PRRA and they denied it
Are you appealing the PRRA denial? At this point if your removal date is set, your lawyer likely needs to be making an argument under the tripartite test to stop / delay the deportation. My personal opinion is that you cannot rely on the spousal sponsorship application since it was so recently filed. It would be different if you had applied many months ago and were close to a decision or had AIP. But applying this late before deportation often doesn't help people and can also look like suspicious timing to IRCC.

You really need to be talking to your lawyer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is your immigration application history?

Uttergaza

Jan 2, 2024
Are you appealing the PRRA denial? At this point if your removal date is set, your lawyer likely needs to be making an argument under the tripartite test to stop / delay the deportation. My personal opinion is that you cannot rely on the spousal sponsorship application since it was so recently filed. It would be different if you had applied many months ago and were close to a decision or had AIP. But applying this late before deportation often doesn't help people and can also look like suspicious timing to IRCC.

You really need to be talking to your lawyer.
The lawyer that I did have first did the PRRA and they denied it but I dont think that he did appeal it. So I will have to talk to this new lawyer about the PRRA.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were deemed to be `Removal Ready' before the Inland application was received by IRCC. Therefore, the Public Policy that waives the requirement for Inland applicants without legal status would not have benefited you.

Reactions: scylla and Simba112