+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order interview with CBSA

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
It sounds like his work permit was refused because his refugee application was refused. Is that right? Once a person's refugee application is refused, they are issued a departure order and have to leave Canada. If they don't leave Canada, this turns into a deportation order.
He is going for an interview with all his documents. But I want to marry him and we don’t want him to leave the country yet. What are his best options?

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
Well, BF doesn’t sound much like common law to me. And if that’s the case, no need to marry.
We were not living together but we know each other for more than two years now.
His lawyer is not very active he is the one screwing up everything. I hope he doesn’t have to leave country right away on the date of his interview.
if marriage is the only way to stop him from getting deported I will do that but we need sometime for that too.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If he has filed his appeal already, it’s likely CBSA will put the departure order on hold. If he hasn’t, expect CBSA to move quickly to remove him. Probably no more than 30 days. And at that point, marriage wouldn’t stop the removal.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
We were not living together but we know each other for more than two years now.
His lawyer is not very active he is the one screwing up everything. I hope he doesn’t have to leave country right away on the date of his interview.
if marriage is the only way to stop him from getting deported I will do that but we need sometime for that too.
He has the right and option to change a lawyer or legal representative. My advice will be for him to act fast on the letter. Depends on the province where he resides, for example, the law society of Ontario has a way in which they can recommend a lawyer/lawyers for him to choose. If he resides in Ontario, tell him to visit their website for a referral service: https://www.lso.ca/public-resources/finding-a-lawyer-or-paralegal/law-society-referral-service.

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
He has the right and option to change a lawyer or legal representative. My advice will be for him to act fast on the letter. Depends on the province where he resides, for example, the law society of Ontario has a way in which they can recommend a lawyer/lawyers for him to choose. If he resides in Ontario, tell him to visit their website for a referral service: https://www.lso.ca/public-resources/finding-a-lawyer-or-paralegal/law-society-referral-service.
Thank you

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
If he has filed his appeal already, it’s likely CBSA will put the departure order on hold. If he hasn’t, expect CBSA to move quickly to remove him. Probably no more than 30 days. And at that point, marriage wouldn’t stop the removal.
Can he come back to canada after he gets deported to his home country? If I marry him in our home country is it easier for him to come back? And how long is that process

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can he come back to canada after he gets deported to his home country? If I marry him in our home country is it easier for him to come back? And how long is that process
Yes you can try to sponsor him like any other spouse. Sponsorship process is around 1 year long. If you are a citizen in Canada you can live with him in any country he is allowed to live in. Have you been dating for 2 years. You said you know each other for 2 years. His timeline is not very clear. How long has he been in Canada? You mention dating for 2 years so did he arrive much before then? Was he living in a 3rd country before Canada? When did he his asylum case get rejected? What did he do after his asylum refusal?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
If he choose to leave Canada, then it is better for him to do it voluntarily without government paying for his fare. He needs to inform CBSA officer and obtain an ARC (Authorization To Return to Canada) on his departure. Thereafter, you can marry him in your country. You will be able to file a spousal sponsorship for him, if you meet the requirement and eligible.

Hsuamaba

Jan 13, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am so stressed right now Since my boyfriend received a letter from CBSA which explains that his removal order is in force and he has to show up (with his passport, 4 passport size photographs, proof of appeal and any other document that was issued by Canadian government) for an interview on _Jan 2020 at enforcement and intelligence operations division Mississauga.
His work permit extension application was rejected two months ago.
Someone please explain what is the interview for. Does it mean he is going to get deported? He is on refugee status he is ahard working man did not commit any crime.
Kindly Advice.
Hi there, I got a similar letter today. Did you boyfriend go for the hearing and what did they say? Thank you.

Manpreetk90

Mar 1, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I am so stressed right now Since my boyfriend received a letter from CBSA which explains that his removal order is in force and he has to show up (with his passport, 4 passport size photographs, proof of appeal and any other document that was issued by Canadian government) for an interview on _Jan 2020 at enforcement and intelligence operations division Mississauga.
His work permit extension application was rejected two months ago.
Someone please explain what is the interview for. Does it mean he is going to get deported? He is on refugee status he is ahard working man did not commit any crime.
Kindly Advice.
any updates?