+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order interview with CBSA

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
Hello Everyone,

I am so stressed right now Since my boyfriend received a letter from CBSA which explains that his removal order is in force and he has to show up (with his passport, 4 passport size photographs, proof of appeal and any other document that was issued by Canadian government) for an interview on _Jan 2020 at enforcement and intelligence operations division Mississauga.
His work permit extension application was rejected two months ago.
Someone please explain what is the interview for. Does it mean he is going to get deported? He is on refugee status he is ahard working man did not commit any crime.
Kindly Advice.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Something is a bit off. If he was accepted as a refugee he wouldn’t need a work permit and he wouldn’t have a removal order.
Has his refugee claim been rejected by IRB?

Reactions: scylla

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
Something is a bit off. If he was accepted as a refugee he wouldn’t need a work permit and he wouldn’t have a removal order.
Has his refugee claim been rejected by IRB?
Yes I am sorry he claim refugee got work permit and benefits but in court he could not satisfy judge. This year his work permit got expired and he got rejected on work permit extension as well. Now he got this letter.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yes I am sorry he claim refugee got work permit and benefits but in court he could not satisfy judge. This year his work permit got expired and he got rejected on work permit extension as well. Now he got this letter.
Does he plan to appeal the decision?

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
After his work permit was rejected he made another appeal last month.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds like his work permit was refused because his refugee application was refused. Is that right? Once a person's refugee application is refused, they are issued a departure order and have to leave Canada. If they don't leave Canada, this turns into a deportation order.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After his work permit was rejected he made another appeal last month.
What do you mean by "another appeal"? Is he appealing the decision to the Federal Court? Or something else?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So the meeting with CBSA is likely just to determine what his current status is and whether they should put the removal on hold. If he has appealed he needs to take those document for proof of the appeal. They will likely suspend the departure order pending the appeal.

It’s important he attend. Failure to do so can result in an immigration arrest warrant being issued. He may have to report regularly to CBSA going forward.

Reactions: maedow

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am so stressed right now Since my boyfriend received a letter from CBSA which explains that his removal order is in force and he has to show up (with his passport, 4 passport size photographs, proof of appeal and any other document that was issued by Canadian government) for an interview on _Jan 2020 at enforcement and intelligence operations division Mississauga.
His work permit extension application was rejected two months ago.
Someone please explain what is the interview for. Does it mean he is going to get deported? He is on refugee status he is ahard working man did not commit any crime.
Kindly Advice.
Has he appeal his previous claim or just attended hearing? The removal order we state if he's right of appeal and the number of days i.e 15 or 30 days to do that. Are you a Citizen or PR of Canada? Do you plan getting married and sponsored him for PR? Let him also consult community legal aid, they may offer him legal advice free or at reasonable fee.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Has he appeal his previous claim or just attended hearing? The removal order we state if he's right of appeal and the number of days i.e 15 or 30 days to do that. Are you a Citizen or PR of Canada? Do you plan getting married and sponsored him for PR? Let him also consult community legal aid, they may offer him legal advice free or at reasonable fee.
Getting married just before being removed would likely be seen as an marriage of convenience and the removal would go ahead anyway. Having a departure order (and especially a deportation order) won’t stop them removing someone just because they get married at the last minute.
Generally, legal aide won’t help once the initial claim is refused. They would need to hire a lawyer.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Getting married just before being removed would likely be seen as an marriage of convenience and the removal would go ahead anyway. Having a departure order (and especially a deportation order) won’t stop them removing someone just because they get married at the last minute.
Generally, legal aide won’t help once the initial claim is refused. They would need to hire a lawyer.
It depends,and only OP can clarify if they have been living in a common-law relationship for more than 12 months in the past. Community legal aid (community centre and law school facility) will only offer sometimes pro bono advice not free legal representation. Even, Ontario Law society may offer similar advice in some circumstances.

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton
So the meeting with CBSA is likely just to determine what his current status is and whether they should put the removal on hold. If he has appealed he needs to take those document for proof of the appeal. They will likely suspend the departure order pending the appeal.

It’s important he attend. Failure to do so can result in an immigration arrest warrant being issued. He may have to report regularly to CBSA going forward.
thank you yes he is going for an interview for sure

Reactions: Buletruck

Harleen9293

Jan 4, 2020
Brampton