+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote work experience is considered foreign work experience or Canadian?

Nov 27, 2019
Hello,

After my graduation in May, I received PG work permit in September. I was offered to work for the company in which I used to work in India, before I came to Canada. I have the offer letter and monthly bank statements of payment being received. Now, I am in Canada working for my Indian company.
1) Will this be considered as Indian work experience or Canadian work experience.
2) Can that experience be considered for PR?
3) In that case should I pay taxes? Taxes in India or in Canada?

Reactions: pratzpai

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello,

After my graduation in May, I received PG work permit in September. I was offered to work for the company in which I used to work in India, before I came to Canada. I have the offer letter and monthly bank statements of payment being received. Now, I am in Canada working for my Indian company.
1) Will this be considered as Indian work experience or Canadian work experience.
1. Was the company registered in Canada and paying you CAD? If not, it is not Canadian experience.
2. If it is not Canadian work experience, it can be counted towards foreign work experience.
3. Consult your Indian CA.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
It was very clear! Thank you so much!

For Indian work experience proof , will reference letter, offer letter and proof of salary be sufficient?
Only the reference letter is compulsory. The reference letter should be on a company letterhead and should contain your working hours, total working hours in a week, salary + benefits, job title, your date of joining, date of leaving (if left) and your roles and responsibiliites at the company.

Reactions: Neha Nimbalkar
Nov 27, 2019
Only the reference letter is compulsory. The reference letter should be on a company letterhead and should contain your working hours, total working hours in a week, salary + benefits, job title, your date of joining, date of leaving (if left) and your roles and responsibiliites at the company.
Thanks a lot

bLaZe10

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,

Hi Neha,

I have the same question, did you get PR with the remote foreign work experience for Indian company?